• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Another Ice Maker Problem...

Flavorator

Premium Member
Hello,

First let me say this forum is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Thank you for providing this service.

Here is my problem:

I have a Kitchenaid Side by Side Model# KSCS25INSS00 purchased approx. 4-5 years ago at Sears.

Last week I noticed what sounded like running/dripping water which I have never heard before. I was able to track the dripping sound to the freezer. In the rear of the freezer(inside) about 1/2 way down is some sort of vent with some visible hoses/wires. I could see water dripping down from above inside. I wasnt sure if this was normal so I shut the ice maker off for the night.

The next day I turned it back on and it has not made ice since. I checked the tray and it seems like there isn't any ice in the tray. The red light is blinking twice and then a 1 second pause and then two blinks again. It does this when I have the ice maker turned on or off.

Lastly, the ice tray arms are facing downwards. Ice machine is still dispending the old ice and the water is working fine. I just replaced the filter today as well.

Hope this is enough info to get me pointed in the right direction.

Thanks again for any help.

Sincerely,
Flavorator

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Flavorator,

Last week I noticed what sounded like running/dripping water which I have never heard before. I was able to track the dripping sound to the freezer. In the rear of the freezer(inside) about 1/2 way down is some sort of vent with some visible hoses/wires. I could see water dripping down from above inside.
Sounds like you caught it in the defrost cycle, thats normal, as you have a heating element down below your evaporator coils in the bottom back panel inside the freezer where those grille openings are.

It sounds like your ice maker possibly got stuck with the ice maker arms down in the ice maker tray, feel inside the ice maker and see if the arms are possibly stuck in the ice, if so, you'll likely need to use a hair dryer to defrost the ice so the ice maker arms can start moving again.

Let me know what you find.

Jake

Flavorator

Premium Member
The arms were pointing down originally, so I turned them up. Which direction should I reset them to? The water dispenser stopped working for about an hour, but now working again, which was strange. Still no ice after defrosting with a hair dryer. What should I try next?

Thank you,
Flavorator

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So you were able to turn the arms manually up? Because you shouldn't be able to do that manually on this model. If thats the case, then you ice maker is stripped, and you'd need to replace it.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
Complete icemaker assembly
show

Manufacturer's Part#: 2198597

Jake