• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Another KRMF706ESS01 freezer issue! dreaded "PO" outage message - Please help!

Battleborn85

Premium Member
Model Number
KRMF706ESS01
Brand
KitchenAid
So... 6 year old unit. Has new rc fan, new control board, new power board ... Thermistors check ok. When running diagnostic service test 4, all goes well until 4.05- " Compressor on- Drive valve to FC and turn FC fan on".... When this test is underway, the unit shuts down and later displays the dreaded "PO" outage message... Please help! I'm at a loss. I'm sure there is a sealed system issue, but would that cause the unit to shutdown when sending the refrigerant flow to the FC? Could this be an FC evap fan issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What was the original problem before you replaced those parts? Was the refrigerator section not cooling properly? Was the freezer section not cooling properly?

Jake

Battleborn85

Premium Member
Initial issues - Freezer compartment not cooling. The freezer compartment has never been apart but I can confirm there was some icing up, that was typically handled by changing the defrost cycle to 1time every 8 hrs.

Battleborn85

Premium Member
PO error and chime have been a recent development in the last week or so. The inverter is not coding out (blinking) and the compressor operates, winds up and down.... But I can only surmise it's the FC evap fan at this point.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unplug the freezer fan motor and see if the PO stop coming on.

Here's the freezer evaporator fan motor assembly for your model: W11249952

Here's the video that shows you how to replace it:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, let us know how it goes.:)

Jake

Battleborn85

Premium Member
Just installed the new fan. I ran through the aforementioned service test 4.5 and the unit worked flawlessly without any PO alerts. The unit is plugged in and cooling. Will verify everything is working in the morning.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.