Are cc12hrw and cc12hrw1 inserts interchangeable?

bonsai_buddy

Premium Member
Model Number
AKDH5W
Brand
Amana
I have a cooktop (AKDH5W) that has interchangeable inserts. There are regular burners, and two upgrades from that. Mine is the Quartz Halogen upgrade (cc12hrw). Some point in the game my cooktop insert was replaced by cc12hrw1. Both are now impossible to get parts for, and I really do mean impossible for a non - professional. Which is why I am asking for help. If I could swap out a cc12hrw with a cc12hrw1, it would open up a whole new world of possibilities. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I checked both cc12hrw and cc12hrw1 but I couldn't locate a cross reference sheet to determine if you could do that or not. Your model is quite old so that may present a problem in cross referencing those modules.

Sorry about that, wish I could help you.

Jake

bonsai_buddy

Premium Member
Thanks Jake

I just purchased a cc12hrw1. Can you give me any tips on how to read a halogen element with a meter if that is possible. I'm only going to swap it out if it looks exactly the same. I really don't know what I should do, I really like the stovetop. I have conflicting stories about living with three burners and just being happy with what I have. I have all the other parts, the griddle, grill and use them.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh boy, its been too many years since I tested a halogen element, I'll ask Jeff or Rick.

Jake