• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ARE35083 Old stove gradually broke down, now nothing works

ingwis

Premium Member
Model Number
ARE35083
Brand
Admiral
Hello,

So we have an Admiral stove which is at least 15 years old. It had been working fine but at one point last year, 2 of the burners stopped working. We were fine just using the other ones. Then the other day, I was using the remaining 2 burners at the same time, and everything stopped working, from the oven to all the stovetop burners to the timer. I tried resetting the breaker from the circuit panel but that did nothing. I figured it was a fuse issue so bought a bunch of fuses to replace them but turns out I have to go back to the store as they're not all the same wattage and I'm missing a few.

So I was wondering if someone could confirm that it's a simple fuse replacement issue before I go spending more money on fuses? Would be greatly appreciated! Needless to say I know next to nothing about this stuff so please dumb it down a little lol!

I saw something online about how some ovens have a reset button on the unit but I don't see anything like that on it.

Have a fantastic day!

Model # ARE35083

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Nothing comes up with that number. Read it off the model tag on the machine. I don't know what fuses you're referring to. Measure the voltage where the power cord connects to the range. Check for 220 VAC L1-L2.
L-Power cord.jpg

ingwis

Premium Member
Thank you! I just got my hands on a multimeter so I will check. I meant the little glass fuses that screw in at the top of the unit for the elements, oven, timer, etc.

Noone has been recognizing the model # as it was made in Canada, maybe also because it's so old. See picture!

Attachments