• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED ARS266ZBS Amana Refrigerator water line routing

jbs

Premium Member
Model Number
ARS266ZBS
Brand
Amana
By any chance does anyone have a diagram showing the water line routing to and from the various valves on the back of an ARS266ZBS? My daughter and her boyfriend have one of these and they were having a problem with the water dispenser. So he took the two valves off the back and ordered new ones. Problem is he didn't keep track of where the various lines connected to the valves. So he called me and asked for help. The only two that are obvious are the one that comes from the water supply and the one that goes out to the ice maker. There are three other lines and it's not entirely clear where they go.

Appreciate the help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here are the two water inlet valves for this model, when you click the link to each you will see a video of where those water lines go into.

Primary water inlet valve(Install video included):
WP12544002 Valve, Primary

Water valve kit(Install video included):
12002193 Kit, Water Valve

Jake

jbs

Premium Member
Awesome! Thanks Jake and bigbuck. This should be exactly what I need. I'll be going over to their place tomorrow. Will report back on results. Appreciate the fast response.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks bigbuck for adding that diagram too!

Sounds good jbs, keep us posted.

Jake

jbs

Premium Member
Guys - thanks much for your help on this. I've got it working, but there's one discrepancy between the videos of the repair and the diagram that I would like to ask about. If you look at the diagram bigbuck attached it indicates the outlet from the primary valve goes to the water filter and the inlet to the secondary valve comes from the water filter. In the diagram it shows the water line that goes from the primary valve to the water filter has a blue stripe around it. However, if you watch the videos of the gentleman doing the valve replacements it clearly shows the water line with the blue stripe is the input to the secondary valve, directly conflicting with what the diagram shows. So there's a discrepancy between what the diagram shows and the videos show as far as lines going to and from the water filter.

Right now I have the water lines connected up like I saw in the repair videos (blue stripe water line connected to input on secondary valve), but I'm not sure if this is correct or if it even matters. In the diagram provided by bigbuck it says the inlet to the secondary valve should have a yellow stripe, but I don't have a water line with a yellow stripe. So my guess is the diagram might be from a slightly different model and might not be quite correct from my instance, so I've following what the videos show.

Appreciate your thoughts on this slight discrepancy.

Thank you

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Interesting, bigbucks diagram may be for a similar model.

I think I saw Rick post another water line routing diagram for this model, but I can't locate it. I will ask him.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I don't have a water schematic for that one but I can make one. I'll try to explain it. The water supply connects to the primary water valve "IN". The older style had two lines "OUT". Both lines were joined together with a "Y" connector and became one line.

The new style water valve has one line out. Water flows to the water filter "in", through the water filter and "out" to the secondary water valve "in'. If the dispenser is calling for water, the water flows out from under the dispenser coil, to the water reservoir "in" and out to the dispenser. If the ice maker is calling for water, the water flows out from under the ice maker coil and up to the ice maker.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Rick!

jbs: Let us know how it goes.

Jake

jbs

Premium Member
Thanks everyone. I'm up and running fine now. For some reason I didn't get notification that this thread had been updated. The only connections I was not sure of were the connections to and from the water filter. I couldn't be sure if I had those correct.

So I found out in the water filter for this particular unit, the water is input to the outside of the filter and then the water flows through the activated charcoal to the center of the filter and finally out of the filter through the center hole and back to the inlet of the secondary valve.

So what I did was to disconnect what I thought was the outlet from the water filter and then I blew through that hose and verified the air was coming out the center of the water filter connection. That told me I had connected everything up correctly. I sincerely appreciate everyone's help in this manner. My daughter was fretting that she would have to buy a new fridge. But now everything is good and Dad (me) is the hero :). I owe it to you guys.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent jbs, glad to hear that. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake