FIXED ARSE66ZBS Amana Fridge Water Drip

Gknr

Premium Member
Model Number
ARSE66ZBS
Brand
Amana
Hello,

I have an Amana Fridge (ARSE66ZBS) with door water and ice. The problem is a water drip on the door where a water glass is filled and a drip in the ice maker that results in all the ice becoming one big chunk. We turned off the ice maker (putting wire up) and the tube is now frozen and the water on the door still drips. Couldn't find any posts with both dripping. Sounds like a valve on the back, but not sure which one is the problem or if that mean more than one is the problem. Thanks in advance for the help.

Gknr

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

Gknr

Premium Member
BTW - when I say "Fixed the issue" I should specify that after the valves it fixed the drip at the door water dispenser but still had the issue of the ice maker leak making it a huge chunk of ice. Took the actual ice-maker out to investigate. Set it full of water in sink and watched as water dripped out the bottom. The non-stick coating had come loose and the water was siphoning up over the edge. Peeled all the coating off and drip stopped. Installed a new ice maker and leak stopped.