• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

AS ALWAYS... Samsung Four Door Refrigerator (RF32FMQDBSR) NOT COOLING (Freezer is fine)

daxr919

Model Number
RF32FMQDBSR
Brand
Samsung
I have the model everyone seems to hate. And, I’m 3 months outside of the sealed system warranty (manufacture date May 2014 - bought about Thanksgiving)

Never had a problem before early next week. At that point... same as what most report - the refrigerator is not cooling And it’s keeping a consistent temp of 60-61 degrees F when the doors are closed. Everything else functioning as expected (water, ice, freezer). I have removed the back panel in the refrigerator area and the fan is working fine, the coils aren’t warm or cool.

Wondering if there is a bad sensor or some other fix. The mechanics seem to be working fine. There is just no cooling taking place in the top unit (freezer is always at -1 F) - and I’m going to get some technician help next week but I’d rather know the answer before hand.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
daxr

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
RF32FMQDBSR<---your missing some digits after the "R". Read it from the model number tag inside the refrigerator.

Here's the results I get:
RF32FMQDBSR/AA-00
RF32FMQDBSR/AA-01
RF32FMQDBSR/AA-02
RF32FMQDBSR/AA-03
RF32FMQDBSR/AA-04
RF32FMQDBSR/AA-05
RF32FMQDBSR/AA-06
RF32FMQDBSR/AA-07
RF32FMQDBSR/AA-08
RF32FMQDBSR/AA-09
RF32FMQDBSR/AA-10
RF32FMQDBSR/AA-11

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
In this case the last number won't make a difference. The machine uses dual compressor. The compressor for the fresh food section uses R600 and cannot be repaired. Call Samsung and explain it's 3 months out of warranty and has a fresh food sealed system problem. They may cover it
R-Samsung dual comp.jpg