Status
Not open for further replies.

sportflyer

Premium Member
Model Number
ATF6700
Brand
Frigidaire
When I first tried it out , I set the function of normal wash , and got no error codes.

Do I have to select the machine function before activating the error code ? Example if I want to check final spin , I assume I need to select "spin only" before pressing and holding Start/pause+Cancel. This returned Error 41

I want to clear the Error code. The instruction says to press the start/pause and save it. What does it mean to save it?

I proceeded without "save it" but could not get the LED's to start sequentially after holding hold Start +options .

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
Having problems???

Do I have to select the machine function before activating the error code ?
You can read how to enter diagnostic mode and view/cancel fault codes using the information contained in the unit's 'tech sheet' which should be inside the washer. Here is a link to a PDF copy.

LINK > ATF6700FS1 Tech Sheet/Wiring Diagram # 134879700 (PDF)

If you're having a problem with the machine you want help with, please state the problem symptoms in as much detail as possible along with details of any repair attempts and we'll try to offer suggestions.

JMO

Dan O.
www.Appliance411.com
The Appliance Information Site

=D~~~~~~

sportflyer

Premium Member
I have read the instructions. Here is where I am confused.

To clear latest stored error code:
• Turn the Program Knob to the start position, Spin Only.
• Press Start/Pause to start the cycle and save it

What does "save it" mean ?

What action do I need to '"save it" ?

sportflyer

Premium Member
OK. I got it. I went thru the diagnostics and the error code now shows E47. Still pointing to the Door latch. Now waiting for my part to show up.

sportflyer

Premium Member
The problem of no final spin first manifested itself after a heavy load . Found E47 error after diagnostics.(see post #4 above) . I hard reset the machine by unplugging the machine for 1/2 minute mainly to clear the error code.
I decided to try to use the machine again today . The problem of no final spin seems to fix itself after the reset. Now it behaves normally after several washes . I did not replace the door lock mechanism.
Any ideas why ?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I just saw your new thread on this washer: ATF6700FS1 Door sagging recurring problem

BINGO, that's why you got the E47, because if the door sags the door can't latch/lock properly.

Order the new door hinge Rick mentioned to order in that thread and your problem will be solved.:)

Jake

sportflyer

Premium Member
I have to lift the door by 1/2 inch or so to engage the door. Door locks and lights come on but maybe not properly as you suggested.

Anyway I purchased the door hinge yesterday. Hopefully nothing is broken on the door side ( like the slot where the nylon hinge is captured) .

Will provide feedback after I install the hinge. TKs

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I know what you mean, with the door sagging it could damage the inside latch/lock switch assembly when closing the door not making a clean straight door strike into the latch/lock switch assembly.

Here's the Door Lock/switch Assy for your model:
131763256 Door Lock/switch Assy

Also check your door strike.

Here's the door strike you can look at and see if yours looks worn or broken compared to the new one here:
131763302 Striker

Jake

sportflyer

Premium Member
I purchased hinge and door lock/switch assy. The strike look in VG condition .
I will replace the door hinge first because installing is door latch is more messy.

sportflyer

Premium Member
I just received the door lock/switch today . I measured the resistance of the red motor as 1270 ohms. Seems low . Something wrong?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What did the ohms read on the original one?

Jake

sportflyer

Premium Member
I did not measure the original wax motor resistance because it is still in the machine and the washer is working fine after a hard reset.

I don't think a lower resistance of the wax motor ( vs nominal 1500 ohms) should be that critical unless the power supply sags and cannot supply the current to actuate the motor or there is current sensor to detect short circuit , then it depends where that limit is set.

Looking at the wiring diagram , the resistance of the motor can also be measured between J3 ( C5.5 pink wire) and J2( C2.1 black/red wire) at the control board end without removing the door lock/switch.

I was just wondering whether I should keep the new door lock/switch as a back up or return it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, if its a little lower then its usually fine.

So I'd keep it, if it happened once, it WILL happen again.:)

Jake

sportflyer

Premium Member
Today . I removed the door to replace the hinge. To my horror I found the hinge locating tabs that are molded to the door front ( the chrome part) that hold the door nylon hinge in place were both broken. Replacing the door front is not worth the cost. nearly 1/2 the cost of a new machine. I just reassembled the door minus the tabs. The hinges are captured rather well between the door front and the back so I will live with the door sag. The door locks and the cycle works .

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I've seen that happen before, I forgot all about that till you just mentioned it. Its very rare to happen.

Glad to hear its working good.:)

Thanks for the update!

Scott Rubel

My latch is visibly chipped, so replacing that is the easy part. Question 1: How much play should there be in the hinge? I can lift the door up & down about half an inch or less.
Question 2: How do I know if other glitches in the functionality are related to the door latch? I don’t want to fix the door if this will only isolate a different problem.
Wife says that she’s been having trouble for a number of months. She says it was not working on normal mode. On perm press it worked except sometimes. It would not always get through all the cycles. It was malfunctioning differently at different times. Sometimes the water would not start. She used to reset it and it would work, until a few days ago when the pause came on and I discovered Err41 and then the chipped receiving latch.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Scott, please start a NEW THREAD with your model number.

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.