• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ATF7000EE0 Frigidaire Front Load Washer - E41 Error Code Fix

Model Number
ATF7000EE0
Brand
Frigidaire
Working on a Front Load Washer and the Error Code E41. The manual describes a voltage test of the door switch. I read 120Volts with door closed. The fix shown is replace control board.

How can I confirm this as replacement of the control board makes the washer too expensive to fix.

Thanks,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Ok, does your washer still have water in the tub when you get this error code E41? If so you may have something in the drain pump clogging it, that would also cause the error code E41 issue.

I'd first check for an obstruction in the drain pump itself.

Its very easy to get access to the drain pump. Lots of times I see these get clogged with stuff and not drain properly, just remove the hoses that connect to it and check to see if anything is inside it.

Get a bunch of old towels to soak up water that will come out. Or you can use hose pinch-off pliers to keep the water from flooding out.

Here's the drain pump for your model(Video to access it included in part link):
Drain Pump 137221600

If there is NO water in the tub when you get this error code E41, and your drain pump is pumping all the water out of your washer properly, then ohm test the door latch assembly.

Here's the door lock assembly for your model you can order if needed(Video to access it included in part link):
Door Latch Assembly 131763256

To test the door latch assembly:

Remove the door latch assembly and measure the resistance of the PTC.

The PTC is the wax motor on the door lock assembly(Its the ORANGE part that sticks out in the photo/video above, some are WHITE too). You will need an multimeter to test that. Unplug your washer first!

If it reads 1500 ohms, then its fine, and the problem would be the control board.

Here's the main control board for your model you can order if needed:
Main Control Board 137007000

Page 73 and 74 here: https://www.applianceblog.com/manuals/5995456851_affinity_washer.pdfwww.applianceblog.com/manuals/5995456851_affinity_washer.pdf Explains how to replace it.

Let us know what you find.

Jake