• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ATF8000FS1 Frigidaire Washer Drain Pump troubleshooting

cdsptatc

Premium Member
Model Number
ATF8000FS1
Brand
Frigidaire
I was having drain pump issues that resulted in E23 error code. I opened up the washer, cleaned out the drain trap of all debris. Pump seemed OK, no broken parts, drain hose clear. After reassembly, tried the washer and it would not drain, same error. Put the washer in diagnostic mode and drain functioned properly. Figured the problem must be the control board. Replaced control board. Same error code. Pump still drains in diagnostic mode but not in wash or spin mode. Ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, you will need a multimeter to check for 120 volts at the drain electrical connector when the drain should be running in the drain cycle. If you get 120 volts and its not running, then the drain pump is bad or has a clog in it.

Here's the drain motor for your model, in case you need to order it:
Drain Pump 137221600

Watch this video to get access to it:

Jake

cdsptatc

Premium Member
I swapped out the pump motor and all is well. I don't understand how the pump would work when in diagnostic mode but not regular mode?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I know you did, but new parts SOMETIMES do come bad my friend, that's why you need to do the volt test I mention above.

I don't understand how the pump would work when in diagnostic mode but not regular mode?
That's why you need to do the voltage test in REGULAR MODE, the control board would be faulty IF you DON'T get 120 volts to the drain pump in REGULAR MODE.

Jake