• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ATW4675YQ0 Admiral washer overfilling, pressure sensor and tube replaced, still overfilling.

Mike in SRQ

Premium Member
Model Number
ATW4675YQ
Brand
Admiral
My Admiral washer will not stop filling during the Fill cycle. When I unplug the washer, the water stops, so I believe that indicates the issue is NOT with the valve assembly, correct? I am able to blow air through the pressure sensor tube and can hear it coming out in the tub, so I don't believe it is clogged. Thinking I had isolated the problem, I replaced the pressure sensor and the tube but the problem persists. I am able to "trick" the control board by gently blowing into the pressure sensor tubing until the switch clicks, and then clamping the hose so it holds pressure. When I do this, the washer stops filling and continues to the next cycle (Wash). To me, this seems to indicate the problem is NOT with the control board either. So what am I missing? Is there a problem with the pressure drum? Any help would be appreciated. -Mike

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

ATW4675YQ

Missing a digit.
I found ATW4675YQ0 & ATW4675YQ1

A copy:

OVERFILLS
Pressure hose.
Valve problem.
Washer requires calibration.
Pressure switch or onboard transducer.
Main control problem.
I don't know which model you have, one tech sheet is linked here.

jeff.

Mike in SRQ

Premium Member
Thanks Jeff,
I have the "zero" model. ATW4675YQ0 with the pressure switch, not the transducer.
I'll use that tech sheet to see if I can get an error code, and run a calibration.

Mike in SRQ

Premium Member
Sorry for not updating this post earlier.
I was able to use the tech sheet and diaganose there was an error code indicating a bad control board.
I had already purchased a new pressure switch, which I did not need after all.
We decided we could not justify the cost of the replacement part, and found a new washing machine on sale.
It's all good though.
Thanks to this forum, I had been able to repair the washer a couple times previously and feel like we got our money's worth out of it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks Mike for the update!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jake