ATW4675YQ1 Admiral Washer Banging during spin cycle

Obliv51

Premium Member
Model Number
ATW4675YQ1
Brand
Admiral
I know this is a common problem but I'm at a loss.
ATW4675YQ1 Admiral Clothes Washer
6 years old

I've made sure its level
Replaced suspension rods
Replaced drive block
Don't overfill. Only fill halfway.
Wife wants to buy a new one but I know I can fix this if I can just figure out what is causing it. It get so bad during spin cycle I'm surprised it hasn't tipped over or something. Any help is appreciated. Is there other parts that need to be looked at or tightened?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check for something caught between the tubs. Does it bang when it's empty?

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, If the machine is on a wood floor the vibration will be amplified. Making the machine perfectly level is not that important. Screw the legs all the way in then just adjust the ones to make the machine stable. The closer to the floor the center of balance is the less vibration you'll have.

It get so bad during spin cycle I'm surprised it hasn't tipped over...
That's an awful lot of shaking to go to no shaking when it's empty. Are the clothes getting caught on one side of the tub? Only washing a couple items of clothes can often cause off balance shaking. It's got to be something with the wash load if there's no shaking when it's empty. Make sure the machine is not agitating and spinning at the same time.

Obliv51

Premium Member
It's on concrete slab and all of the legs are screwed in all the way. No movement front to back or side to side. My wife tried a test wash with little under half a load.

Obliv51

Premium Member
One thing I thought was weird was I did the bounce test for the rods and it bounced like 3 times or so. After I replaced rods it bounced once. Shortly after that it started banging again and would be fine on really light loads. Now it does it all the time. So I tested the bounce again and it seems like it bounces a little more. Maybe like 3 times now. I replaced the drive block anyways which did not help. So it seems like the rods are prematurely failing. I don't know what's going on.

rickgburton

Staff member
Only a month? Can you return them or exchange them? We have seen a lot of problems with eBay and Amazon when it comes to appliance parts. China is flooding the market with cheap knock offs. They may or may not say OEM on the parts but it doesn't make it so. China distributors even pay people to give good reviews. Go to the page with the reviews and copy the URL then past it into the search field here: www.fakespot.com
If they are wearing out in a month you might me overloading the machine. These have a one year warranty: