• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

ATW4675YQ1 Admiral Washer wont drain fully in reg cycle but will in drain/spin

misama

Premium Member
Model Number
ATW4675YQ1
Brand
Admiral
admiral washer ATW4675YQ1 wont drain fully in regular cycle but will in drain/spin cycle

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When it tries to drain in the regular cycle and can't what does it do instead? Do you hear the drain pump running but its not draining out fast? Or is it dead silent?

Pull the drain hose up from the drain pipe, then watch how fast the water flows out in the regular cycle, should be a very strong flow out with lots of pressure. If not you have a clog OR your drain pump has gone bad.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

When it tries to drain in the regular cycle and can't, what does it do instead? Do you hear the drain pump running but its not draining? Or is it dead silent?

Jake

misama

Premium Member
at the end of the regular cycle the water flow from the drain is not as strong as when draining at end of wash cycle, there remains about 3/4" of water in the bottom of the tub, I will then run a drain spin cycle and when finished there is no water in the tub but the bottom part of the load is wet but not dripping.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very strange, the drain flow out should not change from the first drain to the final drain.

You don't have the drain hose connected to anything to reduce the flow out? Like for instance a garden hose? I had that happen a couple days ago in a RV Park in my area, I had to get them a larger diameter garden hose from 1/2" to 3/4" and that fixed it!

Jake