FIXED Auger won't turn to dispense ice.

tgs10

Premium Member
Model Number
ED5VHEXV006
Brand
Whirlpool
Whirlpool mode ED5VHEXV006 ... Makes ice but won't dispense because auger won't turn. Also won't dispense water.
I can turn the auger by hand and the auger motor by hand. When I depress the ice paddle while holding the light switch closed nothing happens. There's no noise. First suspected micro switch until I learned water also isn't working either. Sounds like a fuse?

Tom
Thanks.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check the last four digits of your model number. Nothing comes up with V006 but does with VB06. First check the wire connector for the fountain assembly. It's located either under the freezer door lower hinge or under the top hinge cover. If the wires look good and there's 120 VAC at the connector, check the door switch for continuity. There are three terminals marked on the switch: COM (common), NO (normally open), and NC (normally closed). Check between COM and NO and your meter should indicate open or infinite resistance. Push the switch in and your meter should indicate 0 or closed.
Whirlpool 12466114 Switch - AppliancePartsPros.com

tgs10

Premium Member
Last 4 still say v006 :=) . Under the top freezer hinge cover is a 5 conductor connector. No switch. All I see under the lower hinge is a water tube.
I haven't checked voltages on the connector, but all looks new and good. I had the facade off and looked around. Both micro switches are contacted when paddles are pressed. Just seems no voltage gets to them.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Under the top freezer hinge cover is a 5 conductor connector. No switch.
The pins in the connector will sometimes start to back out of the connector and loose contact. Check for 120 VAC between BK and WH wires. If the voltage is correct check at the dispenser board. There is no switch under the hinge cover. The door switch is also the freezer light switch. #8 in the parts break down
W1203236-00004.jpg

I had the facade off and looked around. Both micro switches are contacted when paddles are pressed.
Check for 120 VAC between BK/BU wire and the WH wire. If the voltage is correct here's the part you'll need: Whirlpool 2311694W Cover-Frnt - AppliancePartsPros.com