• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

B20CS51SNS/02 Bosch refrigerator not defrosting

Austin1977

Premium Member
Model Number
B20CS51SNS/02
Brand
Bosch
I have a bosch B20CS51SNS /02. It is not defrosting. I has pulled cover panels off the back. It was full of ice side to side 3/4 of the way up. Fan is working, there are 2 sensors attached to the evaporator, the lower one is reading 0 ohm resistance, the one attached to the upper portion reads just under 14 k ohms, the heating element itself gives about 71 ohms resistance. Does all of this sound normal? Curious what voltage should be coming from control board to the element. Only reading 3 vac there, but not sure if this is even going to attempt turning on with the fan and cover panels currently removed?

Austin1977

Premium Member
Also, not sure of this is problem related, but there is a periodic clicking that occurs that I do not remember hearing on a consistent basis in the past.

Austin1977

Premium Member
Also, not sure of this is problem related, but there is a periodic clicking that occurs that I do not remember hearing on a consistent basis in the past.
Update, after further evaluation, this clicking just seems to be the compressor relay engagement at the back of the fridge. I must just not have noticed it in the past. Still trying to determine the root cause of the inoperative defrost cycle.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If the entire evaporator was frosted over the problem is defrost related. If only a portion of the evaporator had thick frost and the rest were clear, the problem could be system related. Take a photo of it and upload it here.

Look at these photos below.

Frost Patterns.jpg