• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED B22CS80SNS Bosch Refrigerator - Ice buildup on bottom of freezer...

macdub3

Model Number
B22CS80SNS
Brand
Bosch
HI all, I am new to this forum but was wondering if you had advice on how to deal with ice build-up on the bottom of the side by side Freezer in a Bosch Refrigerator. I am assuming that something is not defrosting properly and/or draining appropriately. Any thoughts I how I can clear this. The ice gradually builds up at the bottom of the freezer compartment and actually freezes the bottom freezer drawer in place. It occasionally leaks water out near the bottom freezer door hinge onto the floor so I assume that it there is water that is continuing to run under the ice and slowly building up and/or melting at times.

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

It sounds like your drain hole/drain line is clogged up, remove the back panel inside the freezer and you will see the metal drain trough below your evaporator coil, see all the ice in your metal drain trough?

You will need a hair dryer and hot water to melt the ice that's covering the defrost drain hole. You have a drain pan underneath the refrigerator that will catch the defrost drain water.

Then run something down the defrost drain hole/drain line.

I use a evaporator cooler spider snake: http://www.azpartsmaster.com/Products/Cooler-Spider-Snake__CLR4690.aspx

They are used basically in Arizona to clean out the water pump tubes that run to the cooler pads.

I don't know if they would sell them in your area, but if you go to your local hardware store, they should have something similar to run down your drain to clean it completely out.

Jake

msqquigley

Premium Member
I have the same issue and one thing in your response to a previous user is you refer to having to remove the back panel inside the freezer in order to look at the drain
Where exactly is that panel and how is it removed

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Model number of yours?

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Jake

msqquigley

Premium Member
B22CS50SNS bought on August 30 2009

series 500 22’ PTR 275407004

appreciate your quick reply Jake on my initial note

also what would be the best way to clear out the accumulated ice that is currently there i

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm not familiar with Bosch Refrigerators, but it should be basically the same as other brands to remove the back access panel in the freezer.

Rick posted the service manual here:
That should show you the details to remove it.

also what would be the best way to clear out the accumulated ice that is currently there i
Like I mentioned above--->You will need a hair dryer and hot water to melt the ice that's covering the defrost drain hole. You have a drain pan underneath the refrigerator that will catch the defrost drain water.

Then run something down the defrost drain hole/drain line.

Jake

msqquigley

Premium Member
Found what is actually the model number
Bosch side by side unit 8906 001669

managed to get the shower ce out of the bottom of the freezer side where the issue is

however can’t find any back part to remove inside the freezer to look at anything that is blocked and to clear it of ice if that is the case

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

msqquigley

Premium Member
Thanks Jake for the diagram will get to taking all out of freezer and get to the back panel that is inside the freezer and will let you know of the results as the freezer is rather full so will take a bit of time to get the supplies down as our other freezer is also full at the moment due to covid19 hoarding on our part

msqquigley

Premium Member
Thanks Jake for your help in the matter was finally able to get at it and was able to clear the blockage once getting the inside panel off and also the lower back side of unit panel off to look at the drain plate etc
All is now good

however I do have another question with respect to the light on the ice dispenser
It no longer lights up the area where you put your glass

the question is where is that led light located in that area as no YouTube search comes up with the info let along a straight web search

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad you fixed the ice blockage from the drain hole.(y)

however I do have another question with respect to the light on the ice dispenser
It no longer lights up the area where you put your glass

the question is where is that led light located in that area
I have no clue about the dispenser light, neither your owner manual or service even mentions it. That's extremely odd.

Its best to ask RepairClinic about that.

Here's the only lights I show for your model:

Jake

rWilson

Premium Member
Here's the parts diagram:
Your freezer back panel is 0412.

Remove the screws 0415 to it and it pulls off.

Take everything out of the freezer first!

Jake
I have same issue. Trying to get to drain line do I can clean it. I have shelves / storage units out. Ice tray is out. Part 0411 is off. Screws 0415 are out.

Do I have to pull off ice maker assembly (0416; see attachment) and go thru 16 steps to get to the point where I can remove part 0413, so I can then remove panel 0412 ? IF SO, I don't see exactly how to "drop" the ice maker (0416).

It looks like I can't remove Panel 0412 without first removing part 0413. Would be a lot easier if you could, Thanks

Attachments

• bosch freezer.JPG
    bosch freezer.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Like I mentioned above, I'm not familiar with Bosch Refrigerators.

If you still have trouble, click the parts diagram link to AppliancePartsPros and ask them their.

Jake

rWilson

Premium Member
Like I mentioned above, I'm not familiar with Bosch Refrigerators.

If you still have trouble, click the parts diagram link to AppliancePartsPros and ask them their.

Jake
Thx Jake. Yes, you do have to go through all of that just to clean the drain line. Not thrilled about that design. All screws were T20's. Your T20 wrench needs to 4 inches or longer BTW.

And what was really the issue was the little rubber nipple (under the unit was kind of stuck together. I cut that a bit and water came right out. Still clean it anyway, vacuumed as much as I could and buttoned it up.

Thanks for prompt reply.