• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED B26FT70SNS/04 Bosch ice machine not making ice? Look here.

BigKetchup

Premium Member
Model Number
B26FT70SNS
Brand
Bosch
I recently fixed my ice machine and now it's making ice very well. This trick came from a Sears repair bulletin and discovered an unexpected flaw in the design of these ice machines. The ice maker itself is a Daewoo product and may show itself in any number of refrigerators but the fix is very easy: inside the circuitry of the ice machine is a plastic arm with a small, pea-size rectangular magnet in it that rests on a microchip. The magnet may get dislodged from the arm. Replacing it (paying attention to polarity - the rough side must be facing away from the circuit board) inside the arm is both quick and effective if you found yourself in the same predicament.

Please see the attached photos to see what I mean. Good luck!

Here is a picture of the ice maker. Simply unscrew the top and side to dislodge it from the plastic retainer that it rests in. Once it's resting like this, simply move the top bar up to expose a screw. Remove that and you can remove the plate with the warning sign attached to it.
IMG_20180718_181734997.jpg

Here's a photo of the inside with the white plastic arm mentioned above. Next to it is the magnet that popped out and will fit inside the arm. Reattach it with the unfinished side of the magnet facing you.
IMG_20180730_163537720.jpg

Reattach and rescrew and you're good to go! Hope this helps.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks for posting how you fixed yours.:)

That's the key to our site, is helping others that have the same problem!

Paying it Forward is ALWAYS good Karma!

Jake

BigKetchup

Premium Member
I would leave it overnight or come back at least a few hours later. Check if the water dispenser gives a good stream of water by running it for a minute. I think that would be a good indicator.

I do not know about a second magnet but if you replaced the first one, just give it time and make sure it's getting power.

MAFlyBoy

Does the magnet go inside the little arm, or glued to the backside of it? My magnet was dislodged, but had some glue on one side of it

Attachments

BigKetchup

Premium Member
If I remember correctly, the glued side must face the inside plastic of the arm and the metallic / magnetic side must face away from the arm.

Amyramdani

I recently fixed my ice machine and now it's making ice very well. This trick came from a Sears repair bulletin and discovered an unexpected flaw in the design of these ice machines. The ice maker itself is a Daewoo product and may show itself in any number of refrigerators but the fix is very easy: inside the circuitry of the ice machine is a plastic arm with a small, pea-size rectangular magnet in it that rests on a microchip. The magnet may get dislodged from the arm. Replacing it (paying attention to polarity - the rough side must be facing away from the circuit board) inside the arm is both quick and effective if you found yourself in the same predicament.

Please see the attached photos to see what I mean. Good luck!

Here is a picture of the ice maker. Simply unscrew the top and side to dislodge it from the plastic retainer that it rests in. Once it's resting like this, simply move the top bar up to expose a screw. Remove that and you can remove the plate with the warning sign attached to it.
View attachment 38982

Here's a photo of the inside with the white plastic arm mentioned above. Next to it is the magnet that popped out and will fit inside the arm. Reattach it with the unfinished side of the magnet facing you.
View attachment 38983

Reattach and rescrew and you're good to go! Hope this helps.
Hi I confirmed that my fridge is the same model but I'm looking inside the ice maker as directed but it seems to look differently - am I missing something?

Attachments