• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

B36IT800NP Bosch Built-In Refrigerator - Drip Pan access

SRQLI

Premium Member
Model Number
B36IT800NP
Brand
Bosch
I'll try again to see if I can get advice. Bosch is pretty much sayong they can't do anything.

Over a year ago the circuit on our Bosch Built-In refrigerator MODEL B36IT800NP blew out while we ere away from home for 2 weeks and everything melted. Ever since, we have had issues with Phorid flies - constantly finding dead ones in the refrigerator.
Pretty sure they are nesting somewhere in the refrigerator, most likely the drip pan (IF IT EVEN HAS ONE), but have no idea how to get to the drip pan. Or somewhere else that the nest could be - not on the inside of the fridge which has been cleaned & cleaned & cleaned. How the heck do I get to the innards of the fridge? Does that model have a drip pan, and how do I clean it?

These tiny little bugs are driving me nuts!

Thanks

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
There's a drip pan below each evaporator. This is from a similar model.
50034329-00001.png

50034329-00004.png

SRQLI

Premium Member
Thanks for the drawing, but which s the dri pan, and how do I get to it.
Likewise, how do I get to the coils that are shown - that's the issue I am having. There is dirt somewhere in there but the people I have had here have said they cannot access those areas - TWO BOSCH SERVICEMEN!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately I don't have any service info on that model. #0104 is one drip pan and #0412 is the other. If you and 2 service techs can't figure out how to access them I don't know what else to tell you. Sorry.

SRQLI

Premium Member
Thank you
I think I'll try again with a different service company