• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Back to square one with Whirlpool Quiet Partner 1 not draining completely

Amethyst42

Premium Member
Model Number
DU1015XTXS1
Brand
Whirlpool
I'm back again.

Since we last looked in on our hero, the dishwasher worked for a few days, then suddenly wouldn't power. Husband inspected, the thermal fuse had blown, he replaced it. This is our second replacement for the thermal fuse. Dishwasher now has power again.
But, again, the washer won't drain completely, and dishes are dirty. If I bump the "Cancel/Drain" button a few times, it eventually all drains out.

Should I pull the whole darn thing out again and clear the hose again? I'm not spending another cent on repairs, but that's free, if messy. Any other ideas?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Should I pull the whole darn thing out again and clear the hose again? I'm not spending another cent on repairs, but that's free, if messy. Any other ideas?
Yuppers pull her out, remove all hoses, remove the sump assembly and the motor assembly, check everything everywhere.:)

PS, Is your husband replacing the wires that come with the thermal fuse too? If not, then it will keep blowing out till the cows come home.:)

You have to replace the wires that come in the Thermal fuse kit to permanently fix this fuse from going out constantly.:)

Here's the thermal fuse for your model:
Thermal Cut Out Fuse Kit W10402110

Here's the video that shows you how to install the new wiring that comes with it:

Jake