Bad-Amanna & Kenmore Elite both w/ freezer on the bottom.

PPATREK

Premium Member
Is there a recall on these? Can we use the lemon law? This is the start of my campaign to advise everyone that I know & hopefully you will pass this on to "everyone" you know. About 3 yrs ago I bought a Amanna Refrigerator model #ARB1914CW with the refrigerator part on the top and with a pull out freezer drawer on the bottom, from Lowes. Shortly after I bought it the ice maker went out. They made 7 service calls on that. Last fall the arm for the ice maker broke because it is made from the thinnest plastic. Then shortly after that the freezer drawer fell out because it is held in place with 4 small screws on each side that just slightly screw into the plastic sides. I had had a clicking noise. Then the refrigerator stopped freezing!!!!!!!. I can't tell you how much food I have lost. I realized if I put it on a timer to shut it off for 5 or so hrs it would then work. However, when I got back from the lake last Wed. it totally shut down & I had a whole lot of rotten everything. The Kenmore Elite are having the same problem which I found out about when I purchased one for the lake house. I had it for less than 1 day & it went out. They put a new compressor in it last Jan 1st and guess what I found last Sat. A REFRIGERATOR FILL WITH ROTTEN FOOD AND MOLD OVER EVERYTHING...... While I was bleaching everything I dropped the thin plastic bin shelf..and the refrigerator started!!!!!!!!!!! Please, pass this on to everyone you know so they don't have to loose money on food, time and the cost of the refrigerator which is well over $1000.00. I am trying to talk to customer service but they are always closed. Whirlpool has bought out Maytag - Ammana - & I believe Kenmore.

luger

Premium Member
no action

In this case i would write a letter...stating everything that happened.
Remeber there is always 2 sides to every story
:)

PPATREK

Premium Member
Bad-Amanna & Kenmore Elite both w/ freezer on the bottom. Reply to Thread

Have you ever written a letter and got a timely response? I have called the main headquarters and no call back. I will not stop untill I have a response. I have NO refrigeration! What could you possibly mean by "Remeber there is always 2 sides to every story"? Im living it and just what is the other side?