Bad Inverter Board WR55X10490

scwaz

Premium Member
Hi Guys, I have replaced 4 of these in my 6 years of owning this fridge. These are defective! They are either made with sub-quality capacitors or the installation design, or both. High heat generating component(board) mounted to a high heat generating component (compressor) = Failed boards. Going after GE...care to help me out?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I haven't had any problems with those inverters. I've only replaced a few of them, maybe 3-4 over the last five years but haven't had any issues with any of them. I checked for any service flashes that might have been issued by GE if it was an ongoing problem but couldn't find anything. What's the model number of your machine? There are a few models that are rebranded GE's but are actually LG or Samsung refrigerators. If that's the case with your machine it wouldn't surprise me.

scwaz

Premium Member
GE Monagram not cooling bad inverter

See my post for more details: ge-appliances.pissedconsumer.com/ge-monagram-refer-bad-parts-wr55x10490-20111231285370.html

Lots of people having this issue, it is all over several forums, but a lot of people don't talk tech and just take the hit from the repairmen.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, You're correct. The Built-In ZIS***** Monogram has had many problems, not just the inverter.