Behaving badly, Crazy dishwasher runs without stopping and leaks

Gitchy-Gitchy-Ya-Ya

Premium Member
Model
Brand
Sears Kenmore
Kenmore Ultra Wash 110753610 portable dishwasher

Behaving badly

I have had this machine for many years. over the years, it would sometimes start washing before it was finished filling up, and would be running with low or no water. Sometimes I had to restart it again from the beginning to get it to fill, and it would then complete fine.
Usually it worked normally.

Recently it started leaking , occasionally. For example
it would leak two times in a row, I would find water under it, after it had finished the whole cycle,
twice in one week , and then stop leaking the third time that week , appearing normal once, and then a week later would be leaking again
I suspect that the machine sometimes keeps filling while it is running, for awhile, and begins to overflow.

The latest issue is that the wash cycle will not stop. Ran the machine from start one night, went to bed,
woke up four hours later, with the machine still going , stuck in the wash cycle with the 'water heating' light on, and almost all of the water steamed out of it. I had to manually
turn the dial clockwise until it would drain. Now turning the dial to the next cycle while it is running rarely works, there is a click as it reaches the next cycle and nothing happens on the first try.

I have to open the door, circle all the way clockwise to near the end, latch it again, and keep trying until I get it right, and it finally drains.
During this process often seems to confuse the machine and makes it begin refilling as it is washing etc. and the leaking starts again , often heavily leaking or heavier than usual.

I suspect it is the control panel circuitry , everything else seems to work
normally at times, it drains, fills , and the timer is not physically broken either.

If you have experience fixing these, please let me know what it probably is.
if it is worth ordering a part like a timer or a control board affordably I could
do it myself.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I can't find any information on you model 110753610, some Canadian Models we can't pull up here in the USA.

It sounds like your timer contacts may be starting to go out.

For the overfill it could be either your water inlet valve solenoid not closing all the way or the timer contact not advancing it to stop filling. The way you can tell is when it overfills unplug the machine from the wall, if the water still keeps running into the tub, then its the water inlet valve that's bad.

Jake

Gitchy-Gitchy-Ya-Ya

Premium Member
thank you for the reply, I think its the timer because the water inlet valve seems to work at times and other times, not work,

unfortunately that timer is probably the most expensive mechanism to replace other than the motor, am I right?
if you have a guesstimate on roughly the price of a timer for a 20 yr. old dishwasher...
hopefully if I remove the old one I can find the part number on it and find it online some place.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
unfortunately that timer is probably the most expensive mechanism to replace other than the motor, am I right?
if you have a guesstimate on roughly the price of a timer for a 20 yr. old dishwasher...
Yes, its expensive. It can be anywhere between $120 to $200 if its still even available anymore. Lots of times when a dishwasher gets over 15 years they stop making certain parts for it.

Jake