Best GE Dishwasher for the Money?

bmet2000

Premium Member
I am looking to buy a GE Dishwasher (Black), and was wondering if anyone knows of a particular model number I should steer clear of or one that is worth the money. Are the $500 as good as the $1500? Of course I would rather spend $500 ! Thanks for any info you have.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This is a electronic/computer controlled one, I'm not saying these all break, but If this one does, expect to pay alot for the more expensive electronic parts that are in it.

Jake

bmet2000

Premium Member
Thanks for the tips! (I have a Rainbow water softener with the mechanical timer and it works great) Anyway, aside from the expensive electronics inside, would the cheaper model clean the dishes as good? The more expensive ones have stainless steel interior and the cheaper ones are 'permatuff'. Are the pumps and grinders the same or does the more expensive one get you a better cleaning dishwasher?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the cheaper models wash just as good.

Are the pumps and grinders the same or does the more expensive one get you a better cleaning dishwasher?
Most are actually the same parts on the more expensive ones as the cheaper ones have.

Will this dishwasher be used daily? many times a day? If you have lots of members in your family, I always recommend a extended warranty, so if thats the case you can get the more expensive GE, the extended warranty will cover everything.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.:)

Jake