• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

BFHS2611LM1 Frigidaire Refrigerator Water Dispenser Mystery

Kciab11

Premium Member
Model Number
BFHS2611LM1
Brand
Frigidaire

Hello - I have an 11 yr old Frigidaire side-by side refrigerator, model # BFHS2611LM1. A few days ago I tried filling my water bottle and nothing came out. Water dispenser worked perfectly fine the day before, but the next morning, nothing. I replaced the filter, which was due to be replaced anyway, and still nothing. This happened before, about 2 years ago, and I ended up replacing the water valve, which fixed it then, so I figured the same thing happened. I ordered the new water valve and replaced it, now the water dispenses, but when I stop dispensing, there is a loud noise located by the filter area, and it takes a few seconds for the water to stop flowing from the dispenser. It then continues to intermittingly drip water from the dispenser. I've attached a video (bottom video) and with your volume up, you can hear the noise it makes.

So here's what I've tried so far: Since there was a strange noise coming from the filter area when I tried getting water, I decided to completely bypass the filter by disconnecting the filter in and out tubes from the water valve and then used a small loop of tubing, so now the water goes directly to the ice maker and water dispenser. Now when I dispense water, it works great. No noise and the water stops immediately when I remove the bottle from the dispenser (top video). So I thought, great, I narrowed it down to the filter components, but now there is another issue. If my ice machine activating lever is off, everything works fine, water dispenses with no noise and stops immediately (again, this is with bypassing the filter), but if the ice machine lever is on, when the ice maker starts to try and make ice, water will start coming out of the dispenser freely.

So just when I thought I narrowed it down to something with the filter, now it seems there may be a second problem, but for all I know, maybe these issue's are because of one part that I haven't figured out. I've already bought a new filter, the water valve is also new, I'm willing to spend a little more if I think it might work, but I also realize the fridge is 11 years old and maybe it might be best to stop putting more money into this and just get a new one. Anyone got any ideas? Any and all suggestions are welcomed.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
So when the ice maker fills with the filter bypassed it comes out the water dispenser instead?

Jake

Kciab11

Premium Member
Yes. When the ice maker lever is in the down position (on), when it is about to start making ice (i can tell by the sound it makes that it is going to start), water immediately starts coming out of the water dispenser side. If the ice maker lever is in the up position (off), the water dispenser works fine and I don't have to worry about water suddenly coming out.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Got it!

Now some models have a diode in the wiring harness before the water inlet valve.

If the diode fails it will cause this issue as well.

Pull your refrigerator out from the wall and remove the lower back access panel and check your wiring harness to the water inlet valve and see if yours has a diode in that black sealed heat sink wrap you see in the photo below.

Here it is:
frigidaire-diode-kit-5303918287-ap3220736_01_m.jpg

Jake

Kciab11

Premium Member
It does have that diode and it would be easy to replace, but before spending $50, is there a way to check with a volt meter to see if it’s bad?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Here you go:

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.