• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Blomberg (24" Ventless HeatPump Dryer) - Loud Noise on Dry Cycle

stevenc

Model Number
DHP24412W
Brand
-brand-
we own a blomberg washer and dryer (WM98400SX and DHP24412W). they are a little over 3 years old.
recently the dryer started making a loud intermittent noise during its dry cycle.
The noise is not continuous, it will start and last 30 to 60 sec or more. When it first started the noise
would come and go, some dry cycles would complete without the noise, some with the noise,
there was not discernible pattern. but right now we're at the point where basically every dry cycle
we run has the noise. The noise is like a loud buzzing or grinding kind of sound (see attached audio).
the dryer still functions, it will dry clothes, but the noise is unbearable.
It seems to be coming from the back of the dryer where the drain hose exits the machine.
trying to get a repair tech during the pandemic has been difficult, hoping someone can help me
diagnose this issue, so I can stop wasting my time on hold with customer support people.

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
hoping someone can help me diagnose this issue, so I can stop wasting my time on hold with customer support people.
Here's the problem, they're not a popular brand. Arcelik is the parent company of Beko appliances, the second largest appliance company in Europe. The German based company acquired Blomberg in 2002 then rebranded Beko appliances to Blomberg and added a better warranty. They're sold by independent retailers like AJ Madison here in the USA. We can't find any service information or any parts manuals for Blomberg appliances. I've never seen a Blomberg appliance. We had the same problem with Bosch when they were first introduced to the USA in 1991. There's still a problem getting some service information but many parts houses sell Bosch parts now. Sorry I wasn't much help.