• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Blomberg Dishwasher Leaking From Bottom

tinkering

Premium Member
Model Number
DWT 25200 SSWS
Brand
-brand-
2014 Blomberg Dishwasher model #DWT 25200 SSWS

The drain hose to the house plumbing was leaking from a rib. I replaced it with a HomeDepot version. It didn't last long enough to enjoy the flooring repair. I am going to try an OEM hose

I replaced the drain pump (the O ring was flat and deteriorating; there were definite signs of mineral build up indocating a leak). The new one didn't seem to fit very tight so I applied RTV gasket maker to the O ring and housing at the pump/housing joint.

The short (16") internal hose, pump to drain, was nearly ready to split at the fitting. I caught it before it could cause grief.

What job does the emergency float switch do? It has a water tube coming in and going out so I assume it pumps the bottom drain pan out when the water level gets too high (before it spills over onto the floor)?
I know there is a leak problem but shouldn't that emergency float stop an overflow situation?
What should I check for?

Last edited:

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
I have absolutely no experience with that appliance brand so have no idea how it is designed.

In most cases an overflow float switch will stop additional filling to prevent overfilling. If it starts leaking once already full, the float switch can't usually do much about it.

But as I said, I have no idea how that model was designed to function and you're probably not going to find many people that do in these forums. They're most familiar with North American brands.

JMO

Dan O.

tinkering

Premium Member
So if it is not switching on until its already too full, would it be right to bend the tang so it switches on sooner? Does the dishwasher have to be running through a load for the switch to be energized or will it work if merely plugged in? It would be a dumb design if it had to be cycling to activate.

tinkering

Premium Member
Is it usually strictly a switch? Would the drain pump be activated to draw the water out via the 1/4" water tube on the float housing? Usually? If I find a blow up diagram, I will post it here. That might help a bit?

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
would it be right to bend the tang so it switches on sooner?

I have absolutely no experience with that appliance brand so have no idea how it is designed. I have no idea what modifications you're suggesting would do. But IMO if it wasn't designed that way from the factory, it shouldn't need to be now.

But that is just my opinion as I have no idea how that model was designed to function. You're on your own unless you can find someone familiar with that product. Sorry

Dan O.

tinkering

Premium Member
I found this suggestion on appliantology.org

"Call Blomberg at 800-459-9848, tell them you're a servicer and need the manual to fix their customer's refrigerator. They'll probably invite you to become an ASC for them."

I will post any good info I come across, and my results.

tinkering

Premium Member
Dan O,
I never did find a diagram online. Yes, Blomberg is Very proprietory.
I set the float switch lever tang to activate with a minimal amount of travel.

The OEM drain hoses were of better quality than the chinese crap I got from Home Depot (I will return it to HD with a solid explanation of the collateral damage that thin brittle thing caused!)

The only local (Calgary Alberta) parts I found were at appliance repair companies, and THEY WOULD NOT SELL ME ANY PARTS.
I found a parts supplier in Burnaby BC, Pacific Specialty Brands; decent prices, low $hipping, and 3 to 4 day delivery.

It turned out that the water inlet solenoid valve was leaking too. So the never ending fairy tale continued. After replacing the inlet valve with the new one the leak remained!! I took the new valve apart for inspection. The O Ring had a flat spot defect! I replaced it.

Another thing worth mentioning was the water inlet hose to the inlet valve was kinked to a right angle, from the factory. It was definitely choking down the fill time. I rerouted it eliminating the kink.

I slid a cookie sheet pan under the unit so future leaks could be monitored before more wood flooring gets damaged.

Blomberg does not seem like a quality dishwasher. I will never buy one. You are so right, to stick with domestic brands.
Thanks Dan O.
tinkering

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
It might be similar to an ASKO brand dishwasher. If you need any further help you could try finding a local ASKO service agent to see if they'll look at it.

Dan O.