• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Bosch B26FT70SNS/08 ice not dropping from tray unless....

dakine1

Premium Member
Model Number
B26FT70SNS/08
Brand
Bosch
The ice maker in my 5 year old Bosch is acting strange, the water flows in to the ice tray it freezes but will not complete the cycle (dropping the ice) unless I reset the maker by pressing the on/off switch about 5 times until it starts blinking. Then within 5 minutes the ice will fall and the cycle will start over.

Things I have already tried:

1. Replaced the entire ice maker
2. Replaced the inlet valve
3. Replaced the main control board
4. replaced the auger motor
5. Changed filter

I have noticed that the ice tray compartment (in the upper left of the fridge part) is about 10-15 warmer then the freezer drawer on the bottom. Could that an be issue where the ice compartment is not cold enough? What else am I missing here? driving me nuts!

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
It has to be a bad ice maker, that's all it can be, look here:

OR you have a broken wire causing it, check all your wires for a broken or shorted wire.

I have noticed that the ice tray compartment (in the upper left of the fridge part) is about 10-15 warmer then the freezer drawer on the bottom. Could that an be issue where the ice compartment is not cold enough? What else am I missing here?
It needs to be 10 degrees F or lower at ALL times for the ice maker to drop the ice out properly, get a freezer thermometer and see if the ice maker is ALWAYS below 10 degrees F.

Jake