• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Bosch B26FT70SNS fridge ice maker

omgwtf

Premium Member
Model Number
B26FT70SNS
Brand
Bosch
Looking for some assistance with my Bosch B26FT70SNS ice maker that stopped working recently. I’ll preface this by stating that I’m pretty useless when it comes to electrical know how but still prefer to fix my things myself and have no problem turning wrenches. I’ve opened the ice maker up and it seems to be functioning mechanically but not getting water. I’ve checked the water valves and they tested fine at 380 and 383 ohms. This fridge also seems to have a water pump attached to the valve which I’ll attach a picture of. I’ve tested this by putting the probes into the harness connector and got no change on my multimeter. Just want to confirm this means the pump is dead before I try and source a new one.
889F321E-954D-41E3-9F34-6A8AB3ECFEA0.jpeg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

When you cycle the ice maker check for 120 volts at the ice maker solenoid side of your water inlet valve. Just remove the electrical connector from the ice maker solenoid side of your water inlet valve and keep your 2 meter leads in it while the ice maker cycles and keep watching your meter for 120 volts. If you get 120 volts on your meter, that indicates the water inlet valve is bad.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:

Jake

omgwtf

Premium Member
Did this test and confirmed the valve is getting 120 volts. I have ordered the part. Thanks for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, let us know how it goes.

Jake

omgwtf

Premium Member
So the part came in. Install was easy. Fired it up. And heard the ice maker fill with water. Thought I was good at that point but then I heard the ice maker fill again and again. Then saw the water pouring out the door. It seems like the ice maker keeps cycling over and over without stopping. Guess the ice maker itself needs to be replaced too.

Last edited:

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

omgwtf

Premium Member
New ice maker finally arrived this morning. Install was a breeze and it seems to be functioning normally.

Thanks for the help!