• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Bosch cooktop electrode malfunction

asquare

Premium Member
Model Number
NGMP655UC
Brand
Bosch
Hello,
I have the Bosch Gas Cooktop NGMP655UC. By the way, I would not recommend buying a cooktop from Bosch. The unit is 4 years old and the screws attaching the burners to the top are all corroded and the 2 screws I tried to remove just snapped.
I have the following issue with the cooktop. Of the 5 burners, the 4 in the corners are working fine - they light up when you turn the knob, and then the igniter goes off. With the central burner (the one we use most because it's the only one delivering decent BTUs), we turn the gas knob and can smell the gas, but most often it does not ignite. When we light up the burner with a lighter, the igniters keep running for a few minutes until they stop. I cleaned up the 2 gas jets for that burner, and I can see the small flames at the midsection of the burner. I am wondering whether I just need to replace that igniter, or whether I have a problem with the burner itself.
Also, the burner is not tightly attached to the top (because the screws broke down). Is this an issue?
Thanks a lot.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'm not familiar with Bosch products, so unfortunately I can't help you with your Bosch Cooktop, hopefully another tech. that knows these well can assist you with it.

What was the final result here:

Jake