• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Bosch Dishwasher SHE3AR56UC/08 not running properly- jumps to clean.

Richy_T

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE3AR56UC/08
Brand
Bosch
I've had a few issues with this dishwasher not draining before but generally a good clean of the filter fixed it. Though maybe it was intermittent as the filter usually didn't look all that bad (though I've heard these are touchy).

Anyway, today it's definitely not intermittent. The dishwasher hasn't really been getting the dishes clean for a couple of days. Gritty or slightly soapy residue on a couple of cleans. Now it's really having problems. If there is a bunch of water in the pan, when started, it will run the pump for about 3 seconds and then it will stop (usually it would run for about 15 seconds). It will repeat this two more times. If the pan is empty, it will start attempting to clean and then shortly give up and jump to "clean". If the pan is not empty, it will immediately jump to "clean". There have been no weird power issues or storms (as other appear to have experienced prior to having stuff like this happen).

Additional info: The drain path is clear and the impeller is clear and rotating freely. The filter is completely clean.

Unfortunately, people who have reported this issue before tend to have been silent on whether they achieved a fix or not. I promise I'll return with the skinny on whatever solution I eventually go with.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Here's the parts diagram for your model:

Jeff is our expert here on Bosch dishwashers, but he's taking some time off for personal reasons.

He did post the service manual for this model in post #3 here: Bosch SHE3AR56UC-08 stuck on clean auto wash cycle

Hopefully that will help you find the problem. I would help you but I have no experience or training working on Bosch products.

Unfortunately, people who have reported this issue before tend to have been silent on whether they achieved a fix or not. I promise I'll return with the skinny on whatever solution I eventually go with.
That would be great, thanks!

Jake

Richy_T

Premium Member
Thanks to Jeff for the service manual linked from here: https://www.applianceblog.com/mainf...k-on-clean-auto-wash-cycle.51138/#post-255715 (Thanks for the pointer, Jake but I'd actually already found it and I was typing up this post when you replied).

I looked for error codes and found none. I accidentally started the customer service program which is cool because the process looked a bit daunting from a different service guide but is straightforward for this one. I got the flashing active/clean which indicates E:23, E:24 or E:25. E:25 has a possible problem of "sump drain pump cover is missing". Sure enough, the cover was loose. I had removed when I was giving the filter a good clean to make sure the impeller was clear. It's a bit hard to get the latch part back in the hole. Got it back in there and it appears to be running through a cycle fine right now.

Richy_T

Premium Member
Digging around this site a little more, there's apparently a service bulletin about this issue:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, you are correct, follow what the service bulletin says to do.

Jake