• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Bosch Dishwasher SHP65T55UC leak

elpeger

Premium Member
Model Number
SHP65T55UC
Brand
Bosch
Our 6-yo Bosch SHP65T55UC started leaking. Each run generates about 1 cup of water. We see where the water is coming from -- see picture, but we have no idea what to do to fix it.
We have cleaned out the filter, and that didn't help. It drips when the dishwasher is draining the water out.
Any ideas?
Much thanks
DK

Attachments

• IMG_20211107_174126.jpg
    IMG_20211107_174126.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 41

Robert4

Premium Member
Hi,

Your model number should have two more digits after SHP65T55UC. The thing with the three holes is the diverter motor.

I've got a suspicion of where the leak is coming from. Take some close up pictures of the rubber gasket in the tub where the back wall means the bottom of the tub, as well as the back corners.

Have you taken the dishwasher out? Look for any wet spots on the back or rust on the screw(s) back there.

Last edited:

elpeger

Premium Member
@Robert4
Thanks for the reply. The full model name is Bosch SHP65T55UC/02 (I thought the last 2 characters were for color/finish).
We've taken the dishwasher out. There is no rust or wet spots anywhere in the back. The closeups of the rubber gasket on the lower back of dishwasher are in the attached video (pictures were bad due to reflection from the stainless)

Robert4

Premium Member
1636656868177.png

Is that a tear/bubble in the gasket or is it a reflection?

Also, check to see if the diverter motor gasket (key #0408) is damaged:
1636658505529.png

Last edited:

elpeger

Premium Member
I manually checked the back wall gasket and it is all very even, with no tears. Also, wouldn't a tear in the gasket cause dripping anytime there is water in the tub? The dripping happens very clearly only when the water is flowing out of the tub (i.e. being removed/sucked), not when it is flowing in. What issue would be consistent with that?
Thank again.

Robert4

Premium Member
Also, wouldn't a tear in the gasket cause dripping anytime there is water in the tub?
Yeah, I would think so. You would see wet insulation and/or rusted screws if that were the case. Like this: https://www.applianceblog.com/mainf...5uc-07-bosch-dishwasher-help-with-leak.76182/

The dripping happens very clearly only when the water is flowing out of the tub (i.e. being removed/sucked), not when it is flowing in. What issue would be consistent with that?
@Jake, What do you think?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When water is flowing out of the tub only its leaking? Then I'd check the drain hose from the drain pump and the drain pump itself for leaks.

Jake

elpeger

Premium Member
The update is that I recorded a detailed video of the leak and while (procrastinating on) editing it..... we noticed a burned smell emanating from the kitchen and discovered that the insides of the junction box just melted. So, we've given up on this dishwasher and ordered a replacement. Thank you so much for trying to help.

2021-12-04 21.23.00.jpg