• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Bosch dishwasher SHP65TL2UC/07 -- no lights on control panel

Rexc

Premium Member
Model Number
SHP65TL2UC/07
Brand
Bosch
After changing the drain pump and inadvertently making a mistake in reconnecting the wiring, the dishwasher is unresponsive, with no lights on on the control panel.

There are two electronic modules: the control module in the door, and the power module at the base. There is only one three-wire connection between the two modules. The main power switch is a momentary contact switch that runs to the power module, and there is line voltage to the connections.

What should the voltages be from the power module?

Relative to ground I measure
13.5 V, 0.001 V, and 0 V DC

If I switch the main switch I measure
6.58, 3.89, and 0 V DC.
I also measure
0.18 VAC, 2.0 VAC, and 0 V.

Is this right? I've been advised to replace the power module. Is that the right advice?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ghost voltage USUALLY means you have a bad neutral, you will need a electrician to come out and resolve that for you.

Jake

Rexc

Premium Member
I already checked that, and it's fine. Neutral to ground is 0.000 VAC at the AC power connection. And the connection is VERY good.

Besides, the washer has been running flawlessly until I replaced the pump and made a mistake in the wiring. The problem is within the dishwasher.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ghost voltage occurs when the machine powers components ON per load amperage and does not hold at constant volts.

I've not run into this issue on any dishwashers, but on 2 dryers I had in my local area, both were bad neutrals.

Jake

Rexc

Premium Member
Thanks, Jake. I have a feeling that the ghost voltage may be incidental, and may not have much diagnostic value.

Putting this another way, there is a test connector on the control module, which is connected to the three leads. Is my understanding correct that a qualified Bosch repair person would have a test tool that would (1) check the voltage(s) and (2) check the bus from this test point?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately, I don't work on Bosch products.

Yes, you are likely correct, so its best to have Bosch come out at 1-800-944-2904 to see what's going on.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Anytime!

Jake