• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Bosch Dishwasher SHP7PT55UC/07 Sticky residue on clean dishes?

edee_em

Premium Member
Model Number
SHP7PT55UC/07
Brand
Bosch
Hi. Hope everyone is well and safe.

We have a Bosch SHP7PT55UC/07 dishwasher. Today, when removing dishes after a washing, there was a sticky residue on dishes closest to the door and a streak of something that looks like rinse-aid stuck to the door. It looks like the rinse-aid, if it is rinse-aid, tried to come out of the dispenser but only kind of "dribbled" out. Totally guessing on what happened, but that's what it looks like. Also noticed that the dishes on the top rack seemed to be okay. All of the dishes seem to be "clean" other than the sticky residue on those mentioned. My wife kind of mentioned that she hasn't seen the "Add rinse-aid" message for a while but said she added rinse-aid about a week ago thinking it was running low. Drain filter is cleaned regularly.

Anyone know what is happening here? Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

edee_em

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Guess I shouldn't have focused so much on the model number. I'm pretty sure I read that post. Also, a lot of the reading I did on the issue has some people just replacing the rinse-aid dispenser lid. Here you are recommending a full replacement of the whole dispenser assembly. Is there a reason for you going full replacement? I'm leaning that way from a dollars perspective. Up here, the door goes for between $20-30 and the whole dispenser is $80-100. Would hate to drop $20/25 on something that might or might not work only needing to spend more to actually fix the issue. I guess, the question asked a different way would be, does the lid replacement route work?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh yes, my bad. I see that now you can replace just the rinse aid lid only.

Here it is for your model:
bosch-lid-611575-ap4483014_01_l.jpg

Jake

edee_em

Premium Member
FYI for all who may run into this issue: I took off the lid and was able to lift out the rubber gasket. Cleaned everything and returned the gasket the other way (180* turn, not flipped over; the other side has a groove in it). Leaking rinse aid stopped. I'll admit I'm more lucky than smart so I'll wait for a few more loads before I declare victory.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Any thoughts on door replacement vs whole dispenser replacement?
If its just the Rinse Aid leaking then replacing just the lid should fix it.:)

On Whirlpool and Maytag dishwashers they give you no choice, you HAVE to replace the entire dispenser assembly to fix a dispenser issue.

FYI for all who may run into this issue: I took off the lid and was able to lift out the rubber gasket. Cleaned everything and returned the gasket the other way (180* turn, not flipped over; the other side has a groove in it). Leaking rinse aid stopped. I'll admit I'm more lucky than smart so I'll wait for a few more loads before I declare victory.
Excellent good jo(y)

Yes do more washes and keep us posted.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @edee_em glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake