• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Bosch Dishwasher SHP7PT55UC/07 Sticky residue on clean dishes?

edee_em

Premium Member
Model Number
SHP7PT55UC/07
Brand
Bosch
Hi. Hope everyone is well and safe.

We have a Bosch SHP7PT55UC/07 dishwasher. Today, when removing dishes after a washing, there was a sticky residue on dishes closest to the door and a streak of something that looks like rinse-aid stuck to the door. It looks like the rinse-aid, if it is rinse-aid, tried to come out of the dispenser but only kind of "dribbled" out. Totally guessing on what happened, but that's what it looks like. Also noticed that the dishes on the top rack seemed to be okay. All of the dishes seem to be "clean" other than the sticky residue on those mentioned. My wife kind of mentioned that she hasn't seen the "Add rinse-aid" message for a while but said she added rinse-aid about a week ago thinking it was running low. Drain filter is cleaned regularly.

Anyone know what is happening here? Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

edee_em

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. Guess I shouldn't have focused so much on the model number. I'm pretty sure I read that post. Also, a lot of the reading I did on the issue has some people just replacing the rinse-aid dispenser lid. Here you are recommending a full replacement of the whole dispenser assembly. Is there a reason for you going full replacement? I'm leaning that way from a dollars perspective. Up here, the door goes for between $20-30 and the whole dispenser is $80-100. Would hate to drop $20/25 on something that might or might not work only needing to spend more to actually fix the issue. I guess, the question asked a different way would be, does the lid replacement route work?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh yes, my bad. I see that now you can replace just the rinse aid lid only.

Here it is for your model:
bosch-lid-611575-ap4483014_01_l.jpg

Jake

edee_em

Premium Member
FYI for all who may run into this issue: I took off the lid and was able to lift out the rubber gasket. Cleaned everything and returned the gasket the other way (180* turn, not flipped over; the other side has a groove in it). Leaking rinse aid stopped. I'll admit I'm more lucky than smart so I'll wait for a few more loads before I declare victory.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Any thoughts on door replacement vs whole dispenser replacement?
If its just the Rinse Aid leaking then replacing just the lid should fix it.:)

On Whirlpool and Maytag dishwashers they give you no choice, you HAVE to replace the entire dispenser assembly to fix a dispenser issue.

FYI for all who may run into this issue: I took off the lid and was able to lift out the rubber gasket. Cleaned everything and returned the gasket the other way (180* turn, not flipped over; the other side has a groove in it). Leaking rinse aid stopped. I'll admit I'm more lucky than smart so I'll wait for a few more loads before I declare victory.
Excellent good jo(y)

Yes do more washes and keep us posted.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @edee_em glad to hear that.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Lynsay

Premium Member
Hi, I'm new on this forum but I wanted to take a moment to thank edee_em for her brilliant suggestion about the rubber gasket. I had the same problem with my 2013 Bosch dishwasher SHE65T55UC leaking rinse aid on my cleaned dishes. Took me a while to notice it, actually my son noticed it as it is usually him that empties the dishes.

I thought he was hallucinating, until over time I had to agree with him. Your suggestion on lifting out the rubber gasket and turning it around 180 degrees was genius.

However, I ordered a replacement lid (with new gasket - part number 611575) to have on hand should the flipped-around gasket start to deteriorate.

Although the lid is not overly expensive, I did some looking on the net to find the cheapest place to get it from. I also noticed that in many places this part is not currently available, including Bosch itself, so it might be good to get it while you can.

edee_em

Premium Member
Thanks Lynsay, but it had more to do with cheapness than genius! :) Now if you wouldn't mind sharing your genius on how you got your son to help with the dishes, my wife and I would be most appreciative!!

Lynsay

Premium Member
Thanks Lynsay, but it had more to do with cheapness than genius! :) Now if you wouldn't mind sharing your genius on how you got your son to help with the dishes, my wife and I would be most appreciative!!
LOL! It's not a big deal for him, I usually do the cutlery and he does the rest. If it wasn't for his scrutinizing the cleanliness of the dishes, I probably wouldn't have noticed the residue for a long time, so kudos to him. BTW I looked to see if you could just buy a replacement gasket, but it doesn't look like you can. I got the little rinse aid door with gasket for around $21 plus shipping. Keeping it for when the current gasket deteriorates.