• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Bosch Dishwasher SHU3300DLX: Regular cycle inserts extra pre-rinse/wash

sumatra

Premium Member
Model Number
SHU3300DLX
Brand
Bosch
This started a year or so ago: about 10 minutes into the 140 degree wash, it would pump out and refill. Unlike all other fills, this one does not fill twice. It fills just one and continue washing. A few minutes later, I hear the detergent door open, and the rest of the cycle proceeds as documented in the user guide. Yes, I still have it, after all these years.

Starting a couple weeks ago, it now inserts yet another pre-rinse/wash. A few minutes into the 140-degree wash, it pumps out, then fills, pumps out, and fills again. Then continues washing. And then a few minutes after that, it pumps out and fills once, as described above.

Considering all the problems I see in this forum, this one is minor. It does eventually complete the cycle and get the dishes clean. But it is using more water, and here in perpetually-dry California, water consumption is a big deal. Has anyone else seen this, or have any idea if it can be fixed?

sumatra

Premium Member
I did eventually "Fix" this problem, so in case anyone else runs into this problem, here's what I did. For the 20 years or so that I've had this dishwasher, I always used the Regular Wash. In an attempt to fix the problem, I started the dishwasher as usual, then selected the Power Scrub Plus cycle and a couple seconds later, selected Regular Wash. Now Regular Wash works like it did originally. That was several months ago, and it hasn't messed up once since then. I figure some memory was flaking out, and briefly changing the cycle caused the memory to be refreshed. Or something like that.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @sumatra good job, glad to hear that fixed it.(y)

Thanks for letting others know.

Sorry no one replied to your thread, I rarely work on Bosch appliances and didn't know what to tell you.

Jake