FIXED Bosch dishwasher SHV43R53UC/64 not starting

Blahus

Premium Member
Model Number
SHV43R53UC
Brand
Bosch
Need help in diagnosing the problem after selecting the wash cycle to my dishwasher and closing the door all I hear is a clicking sound coming from the control board upper right hand corner of the dishwasher with the red flashing light on the bottom. Trying to find what the cause is if anyone could help. I can run a cancel / reset and do hear the water pump come on (this runs for about a minute and completes) but the washer will not start a regular cleaning cycle.

jackofalltrades

Appliance Tech
Not familiar with this model. The processor has detected a problem obviously. First I would turn off the breaker for 5 minutes. See what happens when you turn it back on.
Check your owners manual and see if it says anything about the flashing light. The light probably flashes a certain amount of times then pauses. Count the flashes. See if the owners manual tells you what that number of flashes mean. If you can find the tech sheet that came with the dishwasher it should be able to guide you in interpreting what the flashes mean.

Blahus

Premium Member
Gave your suggestion a try but did not fix the issue. I am leaning towards the control board / water value, but I am not sure at all. Symptoms again after selecting wash cycle i.e. normal wash close the door to the dishwasher immediately hear clicking sound(upper right hand corner from the control board speaker) that continues to click every second or so and the light on the bottom blinks same as the clicking sound flash for a second then off and on again and repeats until I open the dishwasher door again. Unfortunately I have not found a definite solution, not sure I want to spend 150$ for a new control board if it doesn't fix the issue..any suggestions, don't have manuals the ones I found don't discribe my problem.

Blahus

Premium Member
Order a few parts, new inlet water valve 00622058 and control board 00704849. I tested for ohm reading on inlet water valve and got no continuity, hopefully I was testing it correctly. We will see in a few days when parts arrive, and it's the cheaper of the 2 parts I ordered.

Blahus

Premium Member
Ok, parts arrived super quick, replaced water inlet valve, still not starting and clicking. Second took door apart to get to control board. Replaced and now is working!!! Yes, well 200$ later and working again. Going to leave the new inlet valve in place, 35$ oh well..control board was 150$. I also decide to test the door switch as well...it's working now with the new control board so I am going to leave it be. I did notice there was a little button on the 3 prong door switch that I click a few times before I put it back together, if that was it I'll never know. Letting the wash cycle complete before I finish putting it all back together.

Blahus

Premium Member
Well all is working again, control board / inlet water valve replaced. Hopefully for another 6 years, purchase of this dishwasher was Dec 2012. My best guess was the control board itself took old one apart possibly some water leaked in there and may have shorted out. Before the new control board came I took the old one apart cleaned all the contacts with a pencil eraser but still nothing with old board. Happy now that it is working again running a second cycle so far all is good.

Blahus

Premium Member
I wish I would have played with the latch connection first with the old control board hooked up still to see if reseating the connection to the latch was all it needed, but I'll never know for sure. The click sound for one second on off continuesly was definitely from the control board speaker tho... hopefully this helps someone in the future.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't know where Jack went, he disappeared on us.:sleeping:

Glad to hear you got it fixed.:)

Thanks for the update!

PAYING IT FORWARD is ALWAYS GOOD KARMA.:)

Jake

jackofalltrades

Appliance Tech
Glad to hear you fixed it. You can always satisfy your curiosity by putting the old control board back and see what you get.
I doubt that the door switch was your original problem.. I don't think the control board relays would click if the door switch was bad but since I'm not familiar with this model I cannot say that for sure.