• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Bosch Dishwasher SHX5AV55UC/22 Intermittent Drain Pump Error 25 Issue

jjv55

Model Number
SHX5AV55UC/22
Brand
Bosch
I am currently trying to sort out an E25 error on my Bosch dishwasher. The problem is that is is intermittent. I start the wash cycle, it tries to run the drain pump three times, then throws the error code. I clear it and try to run it again, and it runs fine, or it doesn't, there isn't a pattern. Sometimes it gets deeper into the wash cycle before throwing the code.

I've had the filter out. I've pulled the drain cover off (and ensured it was securely replaced). I wound up even taking the entire unit out, pulling the drain motor, checking the "interior" drain hose, and flushing the exterior drain hose (to the disposal). I don't feel it's the pump, because it WILL run properly. I have re-seated the drain cover a few times and ensured it's secure. I have no idea what to do next, but this issue is getting really annoying.

It's a couple of years old and has run fine until a few weeks ago when it started throwing the error. Any advice? Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I'm not that familiar with Bosch Dishwashers, but look at post #2 here:
Download that service bulletin and see if that helps you.

Also check that CHECK VALVE i posted in post #4, you model uses that exact same CHECK VALVE.

Jake

jjv55

Yep! I saw that service bulletin. The drain cover is secured. When I had the pump assembly off, I saw the check valve and it was clear. I guess I didn't search well enough on this site to see that post and see that this seems to be an issue....

For the record, the unit has run perfectly three times in a row now. Maybe the demons have been exercised! ;)

Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good, hopefully it will keep running error 25 free.:)

Jake