FIXED Bosch Dishwasher SHX68TL5UC/02 No Power Indication

DSomers

Premium Member
Model Number
SHX68TL5UC/0
Brand
Bosch
All,
I have a Bosch Dishwasher SHX68TL5UC/02, that has no power indication. The unit was working then went to wash and the display panel was black and would not respond The unit is 2 years old.

The trouble shooting I have done so far with no success is:
Main breaker is good.
Verified Terminal block has 120V with volt meter and voltage sensor stick
Verified 120v to the power cord and to the power control module at the lower left side of the machine (aft looking forward) with volt meter and voltage sensor stick.
Verified power through the main power control module using a voltage sensor stick
Verified power to the control panel under the door panel using a voltage sensor stick.
All wiring was checked no defects found, paid close attention to door hinge passage.
Tried to ohm out the door latch switch but don't think this is possible as it is a sensing switch and not a mechanical or micro switch.
Replaced both the main power control module and the control module under the door panel and have the same result, no power indication.
Also have checked the drain line it is clear.
Also have checked the filters and impeller, they are clear and the impeller moves freely and no debris was found beyond the filters.

Any help is appreciated.

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Just a quick no-no.

Verified Terminal block has 120V with volt meter and voltage sensor stick
Light sticks only look for Line and not power/voltage.

Use a meter and test across the 2 wires for 110-120 volts AC.

pro-mini-digital-multi-tjma-dm1-ap5641751_01_m.jpg LINK> Digital Multimeter

jeff.

DSomers

Premium Member
Jeff,
I used a volt meter as well and had 120v to the main control module.

Thanks,
Donavon

jeff1

Staff member
I used a volt meter as well and had 120v to the main control module.
All the way through the power cord and terminal block?
Guess it would be a good idea to try the board then.

bosch-control-module-programme-00752739-ap5780405_01_m.jpg LINK> Control module

jeff.

DSomers

Premium Member
Jeff,
Please see my original post. I stated there that I had used a volt meter there, and changed that module and the other module behind the door panel as well.

"Replaced both the main power control module and the control module under the door panel and have the same result, no power indication."

Thanks,
Donavon

jeff1

Staff member
You missed something in your volt testing then. Bosch is big on sending line to things and switching the neutral to turn things on and off. That is why I suggested a light stick is not best as it will show line at things that do not have power.

Post a copy of the wire diagram so we can try to trace a way to test into the unit.

jeff.

DSomers

Premium Member
Jeff,
I finally found a copy of the diagram with the machine. Also here is a pic of the actual harness as it is plugged into the main module.

Thanks,
Donavon

Diagram.jpg Module.jpg Module1.jpg

jeff1

Staff member
We had an automobile accident Saturday. My wife was hospitalized. My thoughts and energy have been with her so I have not been here...sorry.
I did download the diagram and what a terrible diagram it is...shame on you Bosch!

jeff.

DSomers

Premium Member
Jeff,
Sorry to here about you wife. Hope that she is doing ok. I bit the bullet today and have a technician coming out Thur. I will post what we find and how we did it. Focus on your famy, I will keep you in my prayers. Thanks for all of your help.

If you would like a better copy of the diagram let me know and i will scan it in so you can put it in the database.

Thanks,
Donavon

DSomers

Premium Member
So the fix for my issue was a bad terminal block. For some reason it had been arcing across the neutral wire, when we took it apart the connection was tight. You could see where the wire had overheated at the connection and melted part of the terminal block. All the terminal block does is provide a means of connection from the house romex wiring to the factory plug harness. I wired the romex directly to the factory harness in a junction box. So when checking for 120v at the factory plug where it plugged into the main control module I would get 120v when going across two of the terminals. But I didn't check for 120v across all of the terminals in different combinations, that is why I missed the terminal block being bad.

Unfortunately when I plugged the dishwasher back in I was getting a latch error code which I had not had before it quit working. Since I already had a main power module I replaced it and everything worked normally. Hopefully this will help others.

jeff1

Staff member
Thankx for the update.

jeff.