• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Bosch double oven HBL8650UC/07 - Stuck to broil on Bake

plp

Premium Member
Model Number
HBL8650UC
Brand
Bosch
I have a double ovens Bosch HBL8650UC/07. Bottom oven works fine. But last week upper oven began to heat only with broil element even when on Bake. Whatever heat selections on upper oven (bake, convection bake ...), broil element starts to maximum.

I am planning to remove oven from the wall to make diagnostic and repair it. But before removing it, is anybody had the same issue and what was the solution to fix it (is it bottom element of upper oven, control board, probes in upper oven?) Thank you in advance for your time and response :)

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
plp said:
broil element starts to maximum.

Does it stay ON or does it turn off?

Usually the broil element will come on at full power for an initial preheat period (30 sec.) then shut off. It might cycle on and off (at full or partial power) after that the rest of the time on a bake setting.

If it isn't ever shutting off (ie. glowing red hot the whole time), I would assume the relay for it on the replay board is shorted. In that case the relay PCB board would likely need to be replaced.

Dan O.

plp

Premium Member
It stay ON glowing red hot the whole time.

Is PCB board is one for upper and bottom ovens and there are components on this board defective for upper oven? PCB board is the following

1633370862256.png

Thanks for your reply!
PL

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
You can see the relay board for your model at the following link. It looks to control both ovens, but individially.

I checked several different vendors and all show that part on back-order. I'm not sure if you can find one in stock anywhere nor how long it will take to get in again because of all the microchip shortages being experienced recently.

LINK > Bosch HBL8650UC/07 Relay Board # 12022214

Dan O.