Bosch Dual Fuel HDI7282U/06 wont maintain temperature

ryanm20

Premium Member
Model Number
HDI7282U
Brand
Bosch
Brand new here. Thanks in advance for your help!

We have a Bosch HDI7282U/06 dual fuel oven/range that we installed 8 years ago. It’s been working fine until 2 days ago when I noticed the oven dropping temperature during the preheat phase of a autoconvection bake. I set the oven to preheat to 400 (which it automatically drops to 375 for convection). It preheated to about 330, then started losing heat until it reached about 310 where it stayed pretty steady.

Any thoughts about what could be wrong?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its either a bad oven sensor or bad oven control board. Rick helped a member with your same model here: Bosch HDI7282U Oven Heating Issue

But unfortunately they didn't come back to tell us what fixed it.

Make sure you unplug or turn the breaker OFF to your range first before ohm testing the oven sensor.

Jake

ryanm20

Premium Member
Thank you so much for pointing me to that! Off to do some testing.

ryanm20

Premium Member
The temp sensor seems ok. Reading 1.07K ohms. Does that mean it's almost certain to be the control board?

ryanm20

Premium Member
I tested the temperature. The displayed temp is within 3º of the actual temp (according to my meter). I attempted to heat the oven to 400º and when it got to about 390, it started moving backward to 380, so I turned it off at that point.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Check your owners manual and see if there is a OFFSET adjustment you can do, if not, then yes you'd need to replace the oven control board.

Oven Control Board 00657860

Jake

ryanm20

Premium Member
So I replaced the board, and I'm still having the same problem. ��

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Ryan, don't know what else it could be, that's the only board I can see that controls the temperature.

You can return the board for a full refund, less shipping and then have Bosch come out to see what's going on.

Jake