• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Bosch HDI7282U/09 DF oven won't reach/hold temp in Bake and Convection bake cycles

93SCMax

Premium Member
Model Number
HDI7282U/09
Brand
Bosch
Temperature sensor replaced, no improvement. Upper heating element measures 16.7 ohms. Lower heating element measures 30.4 ohms. Convection heating element measures 1 ohm. Broil and Convection Roast work great. I'm thinking I have two problems, a bad convection heating element (PN 00436632), and a bad power module (PN 00657860), (ie. bad relay for bake cycle). No visual abnormalities (nothing burnt or bulging) on the power module.

Would a resistance of 1 ohm indicate a bad Convection heating element and it needs to be replaced?

Since the Convection heating element is not used during the Bake cycle, wouldn't that point to the power module being suspect for the Bake cycle as the upper and lower heating elements seem fine. For info, the lower heating element has been discontinued and I know of no replacement source.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Last edited:

93SCMax

Premium Member
I'd like to share the fix to my problem so that other Bosch range owners who experience a similar issue may benefit from my experience.

A new convection heating element was the solution. A new element measures 53.9 ohms resistance. My original element was measuring 1 ohm resistance (no change in reading on my multimeter as if both probes were apart.)

After installation of the new element, I tested the Convection bake cycle and it reached the set temperature in 12 minutes. I let the oven cool and then tested the Bake cycle. It reached the 400deg F set temperature in 9 minutes. Prior to the new convection element, the oven had a hard time reaching temperature after 20+ minutes, and/or couldn't hold temperature in Bake and Convection Bake cooking modes.

I can only assume that the Convection bake element does heat during the pre-heat stage for the Bake cycle, even though the heating indicator on the display only shows the upper and lower elements on. I also read in the owners manual that certain models (mine is an 09...last version built) may use the convection fan during Bake pre-heat. I can only assume the convection heating element also comes on with the fan during Bake pre-heat.

Thankfully, no new power module was needed as they are rather pricey.

Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to hear the new convection heating element fixed it.(y)

Thanks for letting others know!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.