Bosch HGS5062UC oven not igniting

lukegt

Premium Member
Model Number
HGS5062UC
Brand
Bosch
Hello Guys,

My Bosh oven just gave out. The igniter for the bottom burner lights and gets red hot but gas is not released to light up the burners. The top broiler igniter lights up and the burner tries to light up but it doesn't fully light up. I've included a video of this. ( Bosch hgs5062uc - YouTube ) It did throw out some codes and i've attached the pics of them. The last photo is of the igniter after about 45 seconds on and gas valve not opening. All the top stove burners work fine

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

What do you guys think ? Can both top and bottom igniters go bad at the same time ?

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It sounds like a problem with the oven safety valve. Your model uses a dual valve. Here's how it works; The oven safety valve is in series with the igniter. The igniter needs to draw 3.3 to 3.6 amps in order to open the safety valve. That means the igniter can still turn on and glow red but if it's not generating the amps it's bad. It's rare to have both igniters fail at the same time. It's also rare to see both sides of a dual safety valve to fail so you will need to check the amps on both igniters. If you have a clamp style amp meter just clamp around an igniter wire and turn on the bake or broil.

If the amps are correct for both igniters, replace the safety valve: Bosch 00499558 Valve,gas Dual - AppliancePartsPros.com

lukegt

Premium Member
Interesting, I'll test it out on Monday, as of right now, i'm leaning more toward the dual safety valve failure, and i'm thinking that since there the broiler is trying to start and you can see some flames burning it has more to do with the valve than the igniters. We'll test monday and report back.

Thanks for the input.

Ps. Anyone know where to find the installation/electrical wiring diagram for this appliance?