• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Bosch HMB5050/01 Microwave door not popping all the time

Bepding

Premium Member
Model Number
HMB5050/01
Brand
Bosch
Hello Appliance Blog-

I'm back again with a different issue after you all helped me solve my oven woes so wonderfully a few months ago. Now my in wall microwave doesn't want to pop the door open every time and you have to close it pretty hard to get it to realize the door is closed. When it does this the button you press to open the door feels very squishy like its not doing anything. I dont believe this to be an electronic issue since it does detect the door being closed but more of a door latch thing. Any tips on where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks,
Brian

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
You might be able to see what the problem is by removing the control panel. Check the three parts I marked with arrows. The two red arrows are the parts that open the door.
Snapshot_6.jpg