Bosch Refrigerator B21CL81SNS/02 does not cool correctly

SteveCG

Model Number
B21CL81SNS/02
Brand
Bosch
I own the Bosch Refrigerator/Freezer B21CL81SNS/02 and it is having problem maintaining temperature in the frig. The rear vents in the frig compartment keep freezing up and when that happens, the temperature starts rising. I have completely thawed the frig 3 times leaving it open and unplugged for 3 days each time. There are no error codes displayed. After turning the frig back on, the vents start to freeze (ice forms in the vents) after a few days and the frig does not maintain temperature.

Is there a way to force the frig to run a self diagnostic and report error codes? If so, what combination of buttons to I push? Several web pages say that I should push "Select" and "Options" buttons at the same time, but this model does not have buttons with those labels.

The buttons I have are: Freezer Temp +/-, Ice Maker On/Off, Super Freeze, Super Cool, Echo Mode, and Frig Temp+/-. Is there a button combination that will cause it to run the self diagnostic using these buttons?

My son-in-law thinks it might be that a fan is not operating to keep the ice from forming in the vents. If that is the problem, how do I isolate the problem to a specific fan?

Thanks so much for any help!

Dan O.

Appliance Tech
Staff member
After turning the frig back on, the vents start to freeze (ice forms in the vents)
Clear "ice" or white snow-like "frost"? It is an important distinction. Ice forms from water, frost from humidity condensing on surfaces and then freezing.

If ice, look for where the water is originating. If frost, look for air leakage into the cabinet like from doors not sealing properly or not defrosting in the freezer compartment and it building up to block the duct from there.

Is there a way to force the frig to run a self diagnostic and report error codes?
No fault code is going to tell you where the moisture is coming from. I suggest you not waste your time on that.

JMO

Dan O.