• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Bosch Refrigerator Leaking - Evolution 500 Series B20CS50SNS

thiggins002

Premium Member
Model Number
B20CS50SNS
Brand
Bosch
Hello - Our Bosch side by side refrigerator (B20CS50SNS) started recently leaking underneath towards the very front. It's not a constant leak - it only seems to leak a few times a day. I have placed a large tray underneath that catches the water and small plate on the very end that gets filled with water too. Refer to attached pictures.

We have turned off the water connection and turned off the ice machine, but it continues to leak. It doesn't appear to be coming from the water line.

We do NOT have any ice build up or anything leaking in the freezer or refrigerator. It's purely coming from under the refrigerator - seems to be on the freezer side.

This refrigerator is about 13 years old.

Any assistance would be appreciated and a small reward too (if that's allowed). Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_8436.jpg
    IMG_8436.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_8440.jpg
    IMG_8440.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8441.jpg
    IMG_8441.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 32

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I'd first check the defrost drain hose to make sure its not cracked or broken, it mounts above the defrost drain pan.

Here's the parts diagram for your model:
#0609 is the defrost drain hose
#0608 is the defrost drain pan

You'll need to pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower rear access panel and get a flashlight and you should see the defrost drain hose coming down from the freezer section compartment.

Jake

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Open the freezer door and see if there is any ice on the floor in the freezer

thiggins002

Premium Member
There is a little ice that is "stuck" to the floor the freezer (inside the unit), but I wouldn't say it's a significant amount. The ice is definitely not melting and running onto the floor from the freezer. What would the ice on the floor of the freezer signify?

rickgburton

Staff member
Sounds like the drain hole in the defrost pan is blocked. Everytime the defrost cycle melts the frost on the coils the water has no place to go except on to the floor of the freezer and then out the door.

ErikD

Premium Member
The issue is with the water line that feeds the water dispenser in the Freezer door. Most likely cracked. I'm having the same issue with mine and could use some advice on how to disassemble the freezer door to get access to the water line.

rickgburton

Staff member
What's your model number? I have very little information on Bosch machines

ErikD

Premium Member
B20CS50SNS, the same as in this thread. Seems the water line that feeds the water dispenser has developed pin hole leaks, right before entering the door at the bottom, the white hose in the photo above. On other makes this water line can be easily replaced by disconnecting and pulling out the line and fishing in a new.

However on this model, I read online, that it is foamed in place. The whole door needs to be replaced for this leak. Before I do that I was wondering if a panel (front or inside) can be removed to gain access in an attempt to change this hose.

rickgburton

Staff member
I was wondering if a panel (front or inside) can be removed to gain access in an attempt to change this hose.
Unfortunately there's not on that model.