• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

Bosch SHE3AR72UC/07 dishwasher - replaced door bottom gasket but still leaks

Craigj3534

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE3AR72UC/07
Brand
Bosch
I just replaced the door bottom gasket (the old one was torn and water was leaking on the floor) and, before putting back the outer door panel I ran a load to check for leaks. While there was no more water leaking onto the floor, I noticed that water was coming in - but only on the far left side - and it forms a small pool in the bottom gasket. This drained out during the drainage cycles but reappeared during the wash and rinse cycles. By the time the drying cycle was done, the puddle had disappeared and the gasket was dry. What could be causing this? A leak in the upper door gasket that surrounds the face of the tub? A cracked top or bottom sprayer (both look good to me)? Or is this some kind of normal overflow?

Also, a narrow/thin gasket fell out of the front of the door when the outer panel was taken off. Where does this go? It's item #0106 in the attached diagram but I don't know where to position it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Bosch #12.JPG
    Bosch #12.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 64

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I don't know where to position it.
Along the top of the console.
I noticed that water was coming in - but only on the far left side - and it forms a small pool in the bottom gasket.
I read that several times and I'm just not following you, sorry. Coming in where? Far left side of what? A pool in the gasket?? Maybe take a few pics and post them.

Craigj3534

Premium Member
Thanks for your response, Rickgburton. See photo: the water was coming in and collecting in the "trough" made by the curvature of the bottom door gasket. However, today, I a) cleaned the filter and b) made sure the bottom sprayer arm was closed/snapped shut, and now, no more leaking and no puddles in the gasket - dry as a bone. Perhaps the problem was cured by a combination of a) & b) and the rubber gasket finally "relaxing" into place (from the door being closed and the heat from the water).

I still don't get where that thin gasket is supposed to go, and in which direction. The top of the control console already fits snugly into place in the door frame with no apparent gaps. Putting the gasket there, regardless of how thin it is, would appear to keep the console from being flush against the frame, right? And why only at the top; if you wanted to isolate the the console from steam wouldn't there be a gasket that went around all the edges of the console, i.e., between all the contact points of the console to the door frame?

Attachments

• Gasket image.JPG
    Gasket image.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 76