• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Bosch SHE43P05UC Dishwasher Leak

seanvdb

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE43P05UC
Brand
Bosch
Hello,

We have a Bosch SHE43P05UC that was installed in August of 2011 (previous owners), so it's probably coming to the end of its life. A few days ago, I started a load of dishes and something in the unit cycled on IMMEDIATELY (normally, when I power on, nothing happens until I close the door). However, I closed the door and let the dishwasher run overnight. When I woke up in the morning, you could still hear the dishwasher running. I opened it up and found a spoon in the filter, which would've prevented the spinner (?) from spinning. I removed the spoon, tried to rinse the soap left in the basin, and it just filled up without draining. There was some water damage on the floor (but no puddle)

I soaked the water out, removed the filter and mesh filter, and checked to make sure there was nothing blocking the impeller - it was clear and seemed to move properly. I left it for the day and came home to some additional water damage on the other side of the island (our dishwasher is alone in an island with a sink on the back of the house.

Every time i switched the dishwasher on (to check if I had shut the power off) a pump started running immediately. When I tilted the dishwasher forward in an attempt to pull it out, a LOT of water drained onto my floor. After the water drained, that pump did not cycle on immediately.

I am suspecting a drain pump has failed somehow, but given our dishwasher is approaching the average life cycle, I am a bit wary of replacing it only to have something else die shortly. We run it about 3 times a week; I have no idea how often the previous owners ran it, or whether they did any maintenance.

Looking for advice on a) what the problem is, and b) whether it's common for this to die about 8.5 years in and c) when I should be looking at replacement.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

If the drain hose is removed from the garbage disposer under the sink and placed in a bucket will the machine drain the water into the bucket?

The first thing I always do is check for clogs where the drain hose exits into the garbage disposal, gunk at the disposal hole can make it stop draining into the disposal too.

Jake

seanvdb

Premium Member
I will have to pull it out to check, but the drain hose appeared to be hard-plumbed or drained into something, as my sink (on the back counter) is 6 feet away from the dishwasher (on the island)

seanvdb

Premium Member
I actually pulled it out and there is about half an inch of water in the basin. I shut the water off; there is obviously a leak somewhere. It isn’t coming from the hard line.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Oh ok, I'm not very familiar with Bosch Dishwashers, but yes it does sound like you have a leak.

But is the water draining from the bottom basin when it should be pumping out to your sink plumbing?

Jake

seanvdb

Premium Member
The interior never has water in it, it is only the “bottom” part, and by bottom I mean underneath the dishwasher.

I think it’s inlet valve. There is no water from any of the other pipes that I can see, and that’s the only place I can identify that has water in it without the unit running. It hasn’tbeen used since Monday and it still somehow filled up that bottom catch basin.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, but I'd make sure you see it leaking before you replace it.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
Water Inlet Valve 00622058

When you click the water inlet valve part link you will see a video of HOW TO replace it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yuppers, it is leaking, good video, the new water inlet valve will fix it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Sean, glad to hear the new water inlet valve fixed it. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake