Bosch SHE55R52UC/64 cycle never ends

Chexkmate1996

Premium Member
Model Number
SHE55R52UC
Brand
Bosch
Hi! I am troubleshooting my six year old Bosch dishwasher. Everything was great until about a week ago when we noticed the dishes weren’t getting cleaned. Here are the symptoms:

We set microwave timer to 92 minutes which is the same for Normal mode on dishwasher. The microwave would end but the dishwasher seems stuck on 43 minutes. When you open the door- no steam or standing water. In previous testing we observed the top spinner not moving either. Some water is coming in though just seems very little. I ran the test program and it comes up with an e1 error. This seems to indicate heating element issue. Others have reported the Control panel needing resoldered.

I opened the dishwasher up and the control panel seems fine. I couldn’t find any obvious circuit board burns or blown capacitors.

I appreciate any help!

Brad

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Brad,

Are you sure that error code is E1? Not E01?

When you first start a cycle and after it fills with water, open the door and see how much water is in it.

E1=Heating Error
E01=Water not filling properly error.

Jake

Chexkmate1996

Premium Member
Thanks Jake for responding. It doesn’t look like my control panel even supports three characters. When I run test program, go to p1, and press the non flashing light button it goes to e1.

That being said, water is in the tub but not enough to kick up the top sprayer. All the water seems to drain immediately from the bottom once we open the door and suspend the cycle.

Brad

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Brad, why would all the water drain just if you pause the cycle to open the door? Your not canceling the cycle are you?

On My Maytag dishwasher, If I forgot to put items in, I simply open the door, which pauses the cycle, then I close the door and press start again.

Here's what your owners manual says to pause a cycle:
(click to enlarge)
PauseCycle.png

Jake