FIXED Bosch SHP68T55UC/01 NO Power at Control Unit on Door

superstk

Premium Member
Model Number
SHP68T55UC
Brand
Bosch
We have an Bosch Dishwasher Model #SHP65T55UC/01
No power at Control Unit on top of door.
None of the button work. No START Button, No LED lights.
I'm thinking it's 1 of 2 things.
Either the Control Unit at top of door or the Control Module underneath the unit.
Here is my questions:
How much voltage should I be receiving at Control Unit (3 Red wires plug)?
That plug comes directly from Control Module
DC Voltage or AC Voltage?
Using Multimeter I checked and see 5.9V AC? (Each wire to Ground)
I have a wiring schematic but NO INFO on what readings(Voltages) should be anywhere from Control Module
Any suggestions or answers appreciated.
Please do critisize if I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

superstk

Premium Member
Sorry guys,
Made several mistakes in the above thread.
The Model # is SHP68T55UC/01 and NOT SHP65T55UC/01
Checked voltage at Cord to Control Module: 125V
Checked voltage from Control Module to Control Unit 125.0V (At Control Module Plug)
Checked at Control Unit Lead that plugs into Control Unit 125V
Leads me to believe it's the Control Unit but again these are electrical components.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

I corrected your model number in your first post.

I couldn't locate the tech. data sheet for this model.

I located a thread very similar to what yours is doing: FIXED: Bosch Dishwasher SHX68TL5UC/02 No Power Indication

Read post #10 on what he found wrong and check your terminal block too.

Jake

superstk

Premium Member
Thanks for the edits Jake.
A BIG thank you for that archived thread.
After reading it I proceeded to investigate the terminal block.
I have the very same issue with the terminal block.
The neutral is heated and melted.
I will take some pics and for now....on my way to appliance Parts warehouse to pick up a NEW terminal block.
Once that is reinstalled...I'll do more testing prior to purchasing any more parts unnecessarily.
NOTE: After looking at the terminal block...this sounds like a serious issue with Bosch Dishwashers. Something like this really should NOT happen.
It leads me to believe this can and at some point will be a fire hazard.
Stay tuned for an update and pics.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear you found the same problem on yours.:)

Yes, I agee 110% Bosch needs to do something about this problem.

Yes, please post photos or videos or whatever you want, yes let us know how it goes.:)

Jake

superstk

Premium Member
Now that I received the NEW terminal block...had to wait till Monday afternoon. Ordered it on Friday, absolutely NO ONE had this part in stock locally. Awfully weird but then again Bosch has a major recall on power cord issues with over 660,000 unit recall.
Unfortunately, my unit model # is NOT on that list.
After installing a new terminal block, I still have no power, so I'm picking up a Control Module Tuesday morning.
We'll see tomorrow if my issues are solved.
To add insult to injury, the appliance gremlins have hit my house this week. Just as our dishwasher failed now my GE Profile Fridge to a plunge(WARM FRIDGE SECTION).
Fortunately, it was a Defrost heater failure. Had to use a Heat Gun to defrost the evap coils. Frozen from Top to Bottom.
At least that was an easy fix.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
After installing a new terminal block, I still have no power, so I'm picking up a Control Module Tuesday morning.
That's odd, I would of thought the new terminal block would of fixed it alone, but it could of shorted out the control module.

Yes, please let us know.:)

Thanks,

Jake

superstk

Premium Member
Burnt Terminal Block.jpg
Above is the pic of burnt terminal Block.
As stated in above post, I replaced it and still NO POWER at door of unit.
Picked up a Control Module (lower left side of unit).
Replaced that and everything works now.

After taking apart the original control module, I noticed a small hotspot on the board. I'm gonna take it to a friend who fixes all kinds of boards and see what he has to say. That will take me a few weeks to get a response so I'll post findings then.

Either the terminal block fried the board or the board fried the terminal block. The post that is burnt on the terminal block is the Neutral wire post. It is melted at the power cord side. (Weird)

I'm thinking if this is not a power cord issue. For now it's working but I'm gonna replace the power cord with a next wire size heavier power cord. The original power cord is a 14 gauge wire cord (Multi-strand). That is the one that came with the unit.
I'll go to Home Depot and find a 12 gauge power cord and replace it in a few weeks.

When you look at the melted terminal block you notice the neutral wire is burnt/melted on the power cord side. The neutral wire from the machine side is fine. In any case, the unit is now fixed and it works.
Hope this helps others in diagnosing their issues.

If NO POWER... start at the terminal block and then the Control Module. One or both will most likely be your issue. At the Appliance Parts Center here locally, they mentioned they sell quite a few of the control modules. Very rarely do they sell a Operations Control Unit at the door.

Why there is/are no fuses used on a Bosch unit is beyond me. As everything else these days, things are designed to fail and then replacement parts are just plain too expensive. All these units should really have relays doing switching and not a main board.

Once again , A BIG THANKS for helping me out Jake.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent, glad to hear the new control module fix it.:)

Here's the control module for your model in case others need it too:
Control Module 00752739

Here's the terminal block for your model too:
00628793 Terminal

Thanks for the update!

Jake