Bosch SHP865WF5N DIY mess, no display on door

SrsBidness

Model Number
SHP865WF5N
Brand
Bosch
My dishwasher recently stopped working and displayed an error code of E15. Being fairly handy, I attempted to reset the flood sensor and then find and fix the leak. I turned off the power to the dishwasher by unplugging it, disconnected the drain line from garbage disposal, and dismounted the dishwasher, all going according to plan and no issues.

I pulled the dishwasher out, and tipped it back at a 45 degree angle, with no water coming out. I then opened the door and proceeded to remove all of the torx screws to take off the front panel of the door. From there, I disconnected the wiring connecting the front panel to the interior part of the door, and then removed the bottom panel. I located and disconnected the flood sensor and removed the styrofoam float. I soaked up all of the water (I think - I had forgotten to turn off the water supply line prior to this, and proceeded to do so.), and checked for any leaks, but could not find any. I proceeded to reverse the process and put the dishwasher back together. Once everything was sewn up, I went to plug the dishwasher back in, and then... nothing. Nothing on the in-door display, no buttons light up, and no signs of power anywhere. I again took the front panel off the door to see if all of the wiring connections were tight, and confirmed that they were. I also checked that the outlet was getting power. Once again, I put everything back together, still no display on the door.

At this point, I am at a loss as to where to go from here. For clarification, there were several things I noticed during the whole process that I noted or struck me as odd:

-When I started to.disassemble the door, I notice that the screw on the bottom right was visibly loose.

- I didn't note any particular order of installation of the screws, but after pulling them all out, there were 12 in all, 6 approx 1/2", and 6 approx 3/4".

- There was a rubberized strip about 1/8" wide that seemed to be hanging off the inside of the door panel near the top. It slowly became more detached as I disassembled the door, eventually falling off. The strip has a harder side that looks like blue plastic, and on the other side was grooved rubber. Not sure if I put it back correctly, and I'm not sure what it is.

- Looking under the dishwasher through the front access panel, I noticed two things i'l. First, there appeared to be a drain hole in the bottom of the dishwasher, but I may be mistaken. That made me wonder if the tipping of the whole unit made sense as I didn't see that there was anywhere for the water to drain from the back of the dishwasher. Also, there appeared to be a slow drip/leak coming from the inlet hose area, but after I wiped it off, the the dripping appeared to stop.

- Finally, I'm not sure I got all of the connections matched up correctly. The connectors are keyed and have different sized heads, so it's hard to mess it up, but I just flat out can't remember with 100% certainty where they all connected, and it appears there are a couple of places at least one of the connectors could fit.

If you are still reading this, thank you and my apologies for the long post. This is the first time that I haven't been able to fix something and appear to have broken it further by trying to fix it. I want to get all of the details out there to give as complete of a picture as possible. I really don't want to have to call someone to fix it and spend more fixing it than it will cost to just buy a new one.

Any help or advice on how to proceed or get back on track here is much appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member